Two

§

I flew to the mess hall. I just woke up. Tomorrow we have a show and within 12 weeks of being here, I have gotten used to all of the ponies, the personalities they have, and much more. I had landed and started to walk into the entrance.

I had made it onto the 'A' team. Which was the best team. Out of three teams: 'A', 'B', and 'C'. Sometimes I think of how it's possible that I went from somepony on a reserves list to a Wonderbolt on the 'A' team.

It wasn't long until Surprise popped out of nowhere.

"BOO!" She yelled.

"ACH! Uh, huh... Wow Surprise. You didn't scare me. Good try." I said, sounding as confident as possible. I swear she could be related to Pinkie Pie.

"We'll I have goooooooooood news!" She said, stretching her 'good'.

"Yes, Surprise? What is it?" I asked, not really surprised that she was telling me about good news.

"I already paid for a pie. Lightning Streak, Soarin and I have been waiting for you. Oh by the way, feel free to get a second pie too." Surprise said, trotting away.

I rolled my eyes at that crazy mare.

"Two bits please." The yellow pegasus cashier said. I paid for an extra pie, because I knew how much Wonderbolts like pie. Especially Soarin. I brought the pie over and set it on the table. I sat next to Soarin. He was eating a third pie. What?

"Surprise, what's with the third pie?" I asked confused.

"Oh, Soarin bought his own. He knew we would all be eating the pie, so he got another. For himself. A cherry pie. For three bits. With-"

"Okay, we get the idea," Lightning Streak said.

I glance over at Soarin, who is eating like a pig. I just glare at the fact he was eating, in his uniform, probably ruining it. I started eating my pie, when and old pony I haven't seen since the academy, walked into the mess hall. I watched closely what she was doing, making sure she didn't do anyth—

"Rainbow Dash. Its been a few years, and it only seems like yesterday we worked together in the academy."

Lightning Dust.

"What are you doing here, Lightning Dust. Weren't you banned from the academy for good?" I asked, suspicious.

"Ooohh. Dashie is a full Wonderbolt? Who knew?" Dust asked.

"Answer me." I demanded, shooting an evil glare at her.

"Oh, Spitfire and I ran into each other in Cloudsdale. She saw me trying my hardest for a Sonic Rainboom. And then she asked me if I wanted to join the academy again, so I said, yes!" Dust explained.

"Like you're ever gonna complete an actual Sonic Rainboom. Only Rainbow Dash can do something like that!" Surprise growled at Dust, knowing she would never pull off a rainboom.

"Yeah, well she only did the Rainboom 3 times! As a filly, in the Best Young Flyers Competition, and at a wedding! If I could do a Rainboom, I would do more than just three times!" Dust argued, putting an evil-sounding emphasis on the 'three times'.

"Oh sure! Even you admitted you can't! You never will." Surprise said in her high pitched tone.

"UGH! I am NOT going to fight with you... you... WONDERBOLTS!" Dust stompped off.

"Okay guys. Lets get to practice. We have a show in The Crystal Empire in two days. Then were going to Canterlot in two weeks." Lightning Streak said.

We all head out the mess hall and to the runway.

We practiced for a long time. Spitfire was really pushing us today. Unfortunately for Soarin, he ate three pies for breakfast, which affected his flying today.

"WHAT IS WITH YOU, SOARIN? PICK UP THE PACE!" Spitfire yelled from the runway. I looked over and he looked like he was really struggling. I frowned, taking my mind off of focusing on the routine. Luckily, the routine was almost over. We have performed this routine many times. I keep requesting Spitfire to make changes or add something that will make the crowd go crazy, but she's always turned my ideas down.

We landed on the runway and panted a little bit. It was a tough routine, but over used. I walked over to Soarin, who was looking down and panting a bunch.

"Are you okay? You weren't looking so good up there." I asked. But when he looked up to give me an answer, I was nudged out of Spitfire's way.

"Soarin Skies! I have never seen such a horrid performance in so many years from you! What has gotten into you?" She questioned. Soarin looked as if he was almost guilty.

"Usually pies don't affect my performance, but I did eat three this morning." He confidently answered. He looked less guilty now and more tough-looking. I wasn't sure if it was the best idea, still standing there. It wasn't my business. I followed some of the other Wonderbolts that had started heading to the compound.

Once I got there, I started to take my uniform off and put it in my locker. Fleetfoot and Silver Zoom grabbed a mop and a pail from the corner and flew in my general direction. I was confused because I wasn't the worst flyer today. But then they flew past me and gave them to Soarin, who had just walked in.

He sighed and set them down while he took his goggles off his head. I felt bad, because I agreed with Spitfire. I haven't seen him fly this bad ever! But then again, I've only been a Wonderbolt for three months.

He took his uniform off and put it in his locker. Usually he doesn't use the compound that often, but he knew it was his job to clean the compound. He looked upset.

"Soarin?" I got his attention and he brought his frown to a slight smile. "Even if I did well today, I can help you. I know today was something that happens once every... I don't even know. You're a great flyer and we all have off days."

I said that... really sappy. That isn't like me.

"Thank you, Rainbow Dash. But I deserve this punishment. I had a rough practice so I have to do this myself." Soarin closed his locker and picked up the mop. He had frowned again, upset with his performance. I walked around the corner and found a second mop.

"I'm helping. You don't deserve this at all." I admitted, making sure he knew his talents were recognized. He looked at me and smiled again.

If I were to say, that was a well spent evening.