Seven

§

No! I am not attracted to him! YES YOU ARE! My mind is now AGAINST ME? I sat there, shaking my head back and forth, making my mane a clown show. I didn't know how to tell myself I wasn't, because I was.

I tried banging my head on a wall to make my mind go straight again, but that didn't work. Then I tried flying into the wall at high speeds over and over again, but that didn't seem to work either.

At this point, I don't think there was anything I could do to change my mind. It was made up. I like Soarin. Eek, that sounds sooo sappy. I've never ever had a single thought like that in my head. I laid in my bed, looking up at my ceiling. I had a Wonderbolts poster taped to my ceiling. On the front of it was Spitfire, Fleetfoot, and Soarin. I looked at Soarin. How could I betray myself like this?

I looked around my room at all of the posters and pictures I had of the Wonderbolts on my wall. My favorite was the picture of us two from Princess Cadence's wedding.

As I look at all of these pictures of Soarin, all I can think of is how my favorite Wonderbolt, a great flyer, was now my crush. Ugh, I hate the word crush. It's just a sappy word.

I took my pillow and hit myself in the face really hard with it. I didn't believe it. All of my life I've never had a single crush. I've never wanted to have a crush and I've never thought I would've. Until now.

I took my pillow off my face and back down beside me. Ever since I got home from HQ last night, I haven't left my room. And it's already two o'clock. I've been thinking about the thought that I actually have a crush on somepony. It's a brand new feeling. It's something I've never felt before.

This feeling is nothing like being obsessed with somepony, such as the Wonderbolts. It's like... I'm not sure how to describe it. It's a whole new feeling and a whole new outcome.

But for now, nobody will know. If there was one pony I would tell, it would be Soarin himself.

Maybe I should tell him?

NO! Bad idea. If he doesn't feel the same, he might not want to help me anymore! Or it might be awkward if I do get back into the Wonderbolts!

I'll find a time. But now isn't the time.

I sat up in my bed. I figured I would go do something. I'm all of a sudden so... not busy, not having to practice everyday. For some weird reason, the quarters felt like home, not Rainbow Manor. Which was literally, my home!

I miss the 'Bolts. They were like family to me. Especially Soarin... AGH! I'm never going to stop bringing him up in my thoughts, am I? No, I don't think so.

I don't know how long I can go without telling anypony! I need to get it out of my system. I wish I didn't have this feeling.

But I do.

I liked this feeling! I liked liking Soarin. I just need to get used to it. I can keep it a secret, right? After all, I could just hide those feelings. Just act like normal friends when I'm around him, don't tell any of my friends, or Flash. I could consider him my friend, but like, no.

I need to do something. I've been in here all day so far. My friends are probably—

*knock knock*

I zoomed out of my bed and straight downstairs to my door and opened it, revealing Twi. "What brings you here?" I asked, thankful that somepony came around.

"I just wanted to see if everything was okay. It's almost three o'clock and you haven't came out of your house!" Twilight pointed out.

"Um, come in?" I asked, opening my door all the way. She nodded and delightfully came in. I led her to my kitchen and we sat at the island.

"So, is there anything you wanted to talk to me about?" Twilight asked.

"Uh, yeah... there is, actually." I blushed with embarrassment and rubbed the back of my neck nervously. Twilight was waiting for me to spill, and I could tell she was waiting. I laughed nervously and hesitated to talk, eventually banging my head down on the counter.

"What is it?" Twilight asked, getting antsy. I didn't raise my head back up, letting out a sigh. I didn't want to tell anypony, but I figured I could trust Twi.

"Well, the thing is..." I raised my head to talk, but I hesitated to speak again, unsure of how I reveal my feelings for Soarin.

"OH MY GOODNESS! JUST TELL ME FOR PONY'S SAKE!" Twilight yelled impatiently.

"I...mayhavefeelingsforacertainwonderbolt..." I confessed, saying it quicker and quieter as I went on to speak. Unfortunately, the egghead heard everything I had to say. Her eyes lit up and she looked like she was going to explode.

"Rainbow Dash has feelings... for a stallion... a Wonderbolt... I never knew you'd have a crush on somepony!" Twilight yelled, flying out of her seat and plastered a look of joy on her face.

"Shh! I don't want anypony to hear you! And I didn't think it would be this big of a deal," I lowered my head a bit, seeing Twilight land back in her seat. "I understand this is new, but there's no need to go all 'crazy psycho' about it."

"But Rainbow! That's just it! This is your first crush! And it's like, your all time favorite Wonderbolt co-captain!" Twilight revealed her knowledge about what I just told her.

"Wait, you... knew?" I asked, wondering how exactly she knew it was Soarin I liked, and not any other Wonderbolt stallion. I became very suspicious of what she knew and how she knew it.

"Well if I had to be completely honest with you, it was kind of obvious how you felt. I understand meeting some of the 'Bolts, and how you were excited. But ever since Wind Rider framed you, and you chose a new favorite Wonderbolt, you were all over him. And by the looks of it, he seems to enjoy you in a similar manner." Twilight explained. Usually, I would hate it when the book horse goes on about something and has a long description, but this time I actu--

"Wait did you say it seems like he feels the same?" I questioned, getting my hopes up a little.

"I haven't seen you two together enough to tell clearly, but at Rainbow Falls and your first show as an actual 'Bolt, he showed compassion and affection toward you." Twi explained, again.

"After you and the rest of our friends walked off back in the Crystal Empire, he came to me before I entered my room and he invited me to his room!" I was finally seeing the signs.

"Rainbow, you shouldn't get your hopes up. It's unclear and you can't falsely assume somepony's feelings." Twilight proved a point. I was getting my hopes up. But I don't even know why! I have never felt this toward anypony except Soarin! I don't even want a relationship! Well, maybe... NO! My thoughts were once again in a lovey-dovey, happy-sappy mood. It was messing with me.

"Twilight? Promise me you won't say anything to ANYPONY?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." She did the Pinky Promise. No pony can ever break the Pinky Promise.

"Okay on the other hoof, how do I manage to get myself back into the Wonderbolts in TWO WEEKS?" I asked, converting my thoughts from that lovey mood back into a panicked mood. Twilight sighed, resting her head on her hoof.