One

§

I flew around Ponyville, overseeing the town.

"HEY! RAINBOW DASH!" I hear Scootaloo say. I look down and see her waving at me, excited to see me.

"Hiya Scootaloo! What's up?" I ask, landing next to her.

"The Rainbow Dash fan club, just decided, everypony's coming to see you when the Wonderbolts new tour comes through Ponyville!" She smiled big.

"Well its great you guys are going to the show Scoot, but I won't actually be performing in it. Reservists aren't in the show unless one of the real Wonderbolts can't fly. Heh, I'll probably be working crowd control or something." I say, laughing, but still a little bummed.

"You're still gonna be wearing a Wonderbolts uniform though, right?" Scoot opened her eyes wide full of hope, probably wishing she'd at least see me in a uniform.

"A reservist one, yeah."

"Hmm, that's good enough for me!" Scootaloo smiled.

All of a sudden we heard thunder rumble. I look at the sky and see three of the Wonderbolts, Spitfire, Soarin, and Fleetfoot fly over our heads. Spitfire noticed me, flying down, making a dramatic landing.

"Whoa!" Scootaloo said in awe, impressed to see a Wonderbolt right in front of her face.

"Rainbow Dash, glad we found you. We need you in the show when we get to Ponyville. Flying." Spitfire pointed her hoof at me and presented her wings. My jaw dropped, not believing what I had just heard.

"But she's only in the reserves!" Scootaloo says. As surprised as I may have looked, There was more.

Spitfire said, "Not anymore, kid."

I gasped. "Uh, you mean—"

Scootaloo gasped as well. "Rainbow Dash, you're finally a full-fledged WONDERBOLT! WOOHOO! Hahaha! Yeah Rainbow Dash! WOO!" Scootaloo cut me off with her excitement.

"Heh, what she said," Spitfire chuckled.

My face lit up with excitement, a cheek to cheek smile taking over my face. I am finally a WONDERBOLT!

*Skip time* ( Heads up: if you haven't seen the new episode, Newbie Dash in season six, stop reading if you don't want anything else to be spoiled. [Please feel free to continue if you don't mind] I don't want to spoil anymore for you. Just doin' it for the book!)

The nurse who helped me held open the curtain for me to walk out. I sighed, walking toward the rest of the team who were waiting for me.

"You gonna tell us what just happened, newbie?" Spitfire questioned, walking up to me. I sighed again.

"I am so sorry."

"I should hope so! You changed the routine without consulting me, and put other ponies at risk! I've drummed flyers out of the 'Bolts for less." Spitfire confronted me, putting me on threat of losing my Wonderbolt title.

"I know, and I'm ready for whatever punishment you want. You guys were right to call me Rainbow Crash. I've always been a standout flyer, but, since I joined the Wonderbolts, I've only stood out for making mistakes. It's been my dream my whole life, but I guess maybe I'm not Wonderbolt material after all." I lowered my head, admitting my mistakes and how I felt since I joined the team.

"Are you serious?" Soarin elbowed me, making me almost lose my balance. "You're the most talented flyer we've ever had!"

"And you saved all of Equestria like, a dozen times!" Fleetfoot joined in.

"Uh...I-"

"Of course you're supposed to be a Wonderbolt. We've been waiting for a spot to open up ever since you joined the reserves!" Spitfire cheered me up a bit, but then I looked back at my nickname.

"But you guys all called me, Rainbow Crash." I said, looking down again.

"Yeah, so? My nickname's Clipper! You know why they call me that?" Soarin winked.

"Uh, 'cause you're as fast as a ship?" I wondered.

"Because I clipped my wing on a flagpole as I was landing on my first day, heh." Soarin admitted, with slight embarrassment in his eyes. He rubbed the back of his neck, Spitfire making a weird look at him.

"Huh," I started to think about it. And noticing Spitfire's face, I read it and realized why she made that face. I am pretty sure it's because Soarin usually doesn't get embarrassed, especially if it was his nickname. Everypony has one, so why is Soarin embarrassed?

"Flatfoot. My first day, I misjudged my landing, and came down right on Spitfire's hoof." Fleetfoot said.

"Daisy," Misty Fly shared.

"Slowpoke," Surprise said.

"Hoof in Mouth," High winds added.

"You don't wanna know what they call me," Spitfire said, whispering her nickname into my ear.

"Uh, woah, that is so much worse than Crash!" I said surprised.

"Right?" Spitfire agreed.

"So does this mean I'm still on the team?" I asked.

"You think you can be part of this team and not constantly try to showboat?" Spitfire proved.

"I promise! I spent my whole life trying to be a standout flyer, but now that I am a Wonderbolt, it's time to be okay with fitting in." I said confident.

"Good, because I really didn't want to miss the chance to tease you for YEARS about this catastrophe! I mean, that crash was EPIC!" Spitfire laughed. Everyone else agreed, laughing as well.

"But your on probation for a month. Got a problem with that?" Spitfire yelled.

"No ma'am." I said. I just knew this was my place for good.

~ ~ ~

I swept up my mess, scooping up into a trash can. Twilight and the rest of my friends- including Scootaloo walked up.

"Hey Rainbow Dash, we just wanted to check on you. Are you doing okay?" Twilight asked, looking worried.

"I'm doing great. Thanks!" I smiled.

"Sure you don't need any help?" Scootaloo asked.

"Nah. This mess is my responsibility and I've gotta clean it up myself. And after this, Spitfire's got me cleaning the whole Wonderbolts compound for the next month." I picked up the last bit of streamer off the ground and into the trash can.

"So then why are you in such a good mood?" Scoot asked me.

Hmm, "DUH! Because I'm a Wonderbolt!" I smiled and fluffed my wings, thinking about what the Wonderbolts has in store for me.

~A/N~

This will be the only authors note because I understand that like nobody reads these so yeah. If it's super important I might add a note and/or post a message on my conversations. 

On the other hoof, here are the teams—

'A' team: Spitfire, Soarin, Fleetfoot, Blaze, Misty Fly, Silver Zoom, Lightning Streak, and Rainbow Dash (8 members)

'B' team: Rapidfire, Surprise, High Winds, Thunderlane, Sun Chaser and Wind Waker (6 members)

'C' team: Star Hunter, Starry Eyes, Sightseer, Midnight Strike and Lime Jelly (5 members)

Those are the teams for you guys! If it helps in any circumstance when you read, anyway... Happy reading:)