21. Deal

I stood frozen on the spot, shaking furiously. I wanted to run from him but my legs just couldn’t move. I let a small whimper out of my mouth as the shock of the situation set in.

Without even realising it or thinking about it, my feet started to move. Just in the wrong direction. I pushed open the door a bit further and stepped over the door frame. I walked through to the living room to see Alex sitting on the sofa.

He looked completely different to how he did when I last saw him. His clothes were nicer, his hair was neatly cut and he was clean shaven. Altogether, he looked like he was smarter, more of a businessman than a dealer. Whatever he had been doing for money since I had last seen him was clearly working for him. I wondered what it was that he had been doing and what deals he had got himself tangled up in to allow him to afford the lifestyle that he looked like he was living.

But he still had that disgusting sly smile set upon his face that he always had whenever he had an evil plan brewing. My heartbeat quickened as I began to panic. What was he going to do? “Ah Taylor, I was wondering when you were going to be back. I’ve been waiting quite a while for you. Come, sit down with me.” He said, stroking the part of the sofa next to him.

My feet walked without me thinking again and they lead me to the sofa opposite him, where I nervously sat down. I sat on the edge of the seat, my back straight and my hands gripping onto each other firmly and placed in my lap.

“You look uncomfortable Taylor.” I looked in his eyes, still unable to speak. “Well talk to me then please. I haven’t come all the way from Bristol for nothing.” I would usually expect him to have shouted at this point but he seemed unnervingly upbeat. It was like he knew he had me and could do what he wanted with me.

I swallowed hard, building up the courage to respond to him. “What do you want?” I quietly murmured.

He eyed me up and down and still had his disturbing grin plastered on his face. “I want to make a deal.” He sat back into a relaxed position; his arms slumped over the tops of the sofa and one leg lazily crossed over the other. “I realise that I was a bit irrational in my last message to you.” I inadvertently let out a loud snort, causing Alex to pause and give me an evil glare for a few moments. “Now now Taylor, don’t be rude, I’m trying to make you a deal here.” I panicked slightly as he was silent again. “So.. Are you willing to make a deal?”

I frowned slightly. “But you haven’t told me what the deal is yet?” I questioned.

“It’s simple Taylor. Do you have the money or not?”

“No.” I paused for a moment and shook my head. “Of course I don’t.”

“Well then, it looks like you will be going for the other option then.” His creepy smile stretched wider as it took over his face. “Yes?” He said as a question, but we both knew it was more of a statement. I was stuck. I didn’t have enough money to pay him the unreasonable sum that he was asking from me. So, as he said, I had to agree to whatever it was that he had in mind for me. I looked at the ground and did a small nod. “That’s wonderful, thank you Taylor. You will be helping me a lot.” He quickly stood up from his seat. “I’ll be in contact.”

“Wait! What the hell?” I stood up to block him from leaving. “Are you going to tell me what it is you’re expecting me to do?”

He furrowed his brows, confused at my sudden burst of confidence. “That’s a slight detail that you don’t need to bother with yet.”

“No, you tell me now for fucks sake.” I snapped back quickly. “Or this little ‘deal’ you’ve got planned is off.” I shocked myself as I answered him back.

“Oh silly little Taylor.” He eyed me up and down and I felt myself feeling like the smallest person in the world, despite feeling suddenly assertive less than ten seconds ago. “Don’t you realise you have no say in this? You have no power. No control. You will do what I say or you can say goodbye to that band of yours that you’ve been hanging around with.” I let out a small whimper at the thought of the boys being in danger because of my stupid past mistakes.

“You see babe.” He continued. “I’ve had people watching you for months. You may have thought that you had got away with fucking me over but you didn’t. Every last person that you’ve come into contact with these past few months. Boom. It will be like they were never there. Do you know how easy it is for me to get someone to disappear?” I felt my hands shaking in fear. “You’ve never particularly seen me angry before Taylor.” I thought back to times where I had seen him beat up others to near death but decided not to mention about that. “I know what you’re thinking. That you’ve seen me angry. Well Taylor, I’ve always been tame with you around. I was always good to you, providing you with all that you needed. But you are going to see me get very angry if you do not do exactly as I say.” He paused, leaving me in suspense for what he was going to say next.

After a minute or so when he knew that I had nothing more to say to him, he finally made another move to leave. “So, like I said a few minutes ago.. I’ll be in contact.” He moved me out of the way and headed towards the door. “Oh and you need to get your front door fixed.” He said as he finally left the flat, leaving me on my own and in shock at the events of the past five minutes.