8. Siblings

We were only in London for a few more days after that. The next leg of the tour was in Europe and we were straight off to Germany first. It was exciting, a new city every night. In the first week, we had been to 4 different countries, and the boys had played 7 shows straight. It wasn’t until we were in Paris that we had a day off.

We had gone out the previous night and the weirdest thing had happened. The slutty side of me came out basically. We were celebrating another brilliant gig and all of us had yet again had too much alcohol. “Fancy a smoke?” Kyle cheekily asked, secretly holding up a joint.

“Hell yeah I do.” I replied with a grin. He grabbed my hand as he dragged me out of the bar that we were in and round the corner into a side street, away from prying eyes. “I didn’t have you down as the getting stoned type?”

“Really? A man who looks slightly like a hobo and is wearing an ‘I heart kittens’ t-shirt? Most people just assume.” We both laughed as he lit the joint. “Come on, sit.” He still had hold of my hand and yanked me on to the floor with him.

We sat and talked about anything and everything. More like he talked about anything and everything. The alcohol and drugs were clearly having an effect on him just as much as me. Pretty much as an automatic response after I had listened to him for ages I leant forward and without even thinking I just kissed him. I don’t know why, it wasn’t even like I had feelings for him, as I said it was just the slutty side of me coming out.

To my surprise he kissed me back though. He cupped his hands around my face and brought us closer together. “Fuck, Taylor.” He moaned between breathless kisses. I groaned in response and moved my hands onto his body. “Wait, No.” Kyle pulled away, leaving me confused. “This is so wrong. What about Dan?”

“What?” Why exactly was he bringing up my brother right at this moment?

“No, I can’t do this to Dan. He’s one of my best friends and you’re his.. I don’t know I just can’t.” He speedily stood up walked off, leaving me sat on the ground annoyed and angry.

It was like Kyle ignored that we ever had that moment. The rest of the night he acted totally normal with me and even at breakfast it wasn’t awkward. It was like I had dreamt it all.

………

“The city of looooove.” Will nudged me as we walked down the street. I shot my usual evil glare at him. Surely he didn’t know what had happened between me and Kyle.

“Will, what did that just mean?” I said as I quickened my pace to keep up with him.

“Oh you know... You and Dan.” Will gave me a little nudge. My evil glare was still plastered on my face, I was so unsure of what he was talking about.

I was unsure of what he was talking about most of the time really. Him and the others, Kyle especially. Dan had obviously not told them much about me, but they always commented on how happy he was looking now I was around. It wasn’t until this conversation with Will when I realised why everyone had been making those comments.

 “Wait.. What do you think is going on between me and Dan?” I said as it suddenly clicked in my head.

“I don’t know really. You’re friends I guess. But he never ever invites girls to things and to go as far as to get you a job he must like you. And the way you look at each other, you so love each other.”

I let out a loud cackle, finally realising that in all this time none of them had realised that we were siblings. “Woaaaah Will please stop! Me and Dan aren’t just friends.”

“Have you made it official then?!” Will asked excitedly.

“Will.. Me and Dan aren’t just friends.” I held my hand up before he cut me off again. “That look of love you talk about? It’s love between two siblings you dick! Me and Dan are brother and sister you idiot. How have you known me for nearly a month and not known this?!”

Will was silent for a few minutes before bursting into laughter again. “I’m so sorry, none of us knew! We assumed you were a friend! I didn’t know he had a sister.”

I thought for a second.. None of them knew? Is this why Kyle had stopped our kiss last night? I had assumed it was because Dan was my brother, not because he thought Dan was my boyfriend.

Just then I felt someone jump on my back laughing and turned to see Dan screaming in my ear. “Faster! Faster!” He shouted, making me join him in laughter. He really was a big kid. I couldn’t hold his weight though, and seconds later we were on the floor in the middle of the busy Paris street.

“It must be love, love, love!” Kyle sang as he laughed and took photos of the pair of us.

“What, dude?” Dan yelled at Kyle whilst he was still laughing.

“Oh Dan don’t be shy, you two little cuties.” Woody joined in with Kyle’s teasing.

“Boys, urm shut up.” Will pushed Kyle slightly, obviously knowing that the only sort of love there was between me and Dan was family love.

“Wait!” Dan shouted as it clicked in his head. “Do you think that there’s something going on between us?!”

“Guys you don’t need to hide it anymore!” Kyle was still persistent with the whole couple thing. ‘Well Kyle, if he was my boyfriend you were a shit best friend last night when you kissed me,’ I felt like yelling.

“He’s my brother for fuck’s sake!!” I shouted before Kyle or Woody could say any more.

Watching their jaws drop was hilarious and set me off laughing again. Seconds later we were all laughing at the situation. I looked at Kyle and what can only be described as a look of relief washed over his face.

“That’s so gross guys! My flipping sister. I thought I said she was my sister! The way we had all been speaking I thought you guys knew!”

“Nope, we definitely thought you were dating!” Woody said through laughs.

“Right, well now that we’ve got that all cleared up! To the Eifel tower?!” Dan pointed straight ahead.

“To the Eifel Tower!” Kyle repeated and skipped off. I shook my head at him, he was more of a child than Dan.

“Come on, SIS. I think we should get up off the floor now.” I laughed at Dan in agreement and we both clambered up off the dirty street floor.