20. See you soon

“So you have a phone now so facetime every day.” Kiss. “And whatsapp constantly.” Kiss. “And if ever anything’s a problem I can get on the next plane back.” Kiss. “And you will tell me if anything’s wrong, won’t you?” Another kiss.

“Of course babe.” I rested my forehead on his and looked into his eyes. “I’m going to miss you more than you could imagine.”

“I’ll miss you more.” He kissed me again. “32 days. That’s all. It will be fine.” He shook his head, like he was trying to shake off the thought of us being separated. “32 days and then we’ll have a whole 5 days together. We could do a trip together or something?"

I smiled and nodded enthusiastically and kissed him again. “32 days? That’s not even that long. Why are we being so stupid?” Yet another kiss.

“I know why I’m being stupid but I don’t know about you.” I leant away and looked at him, confused as to what he meant. His eyes flicked to the ground quickly and he kicked one of his feet against the other. His arms were still wrapped around my waist but I felt his grip begin to loosen, as if he was about to let me go. He looked back up to meet my eyes again and then gave a small nervous smile. “I love you, you know that.”

Boom. There it was. Those three words that all girls love to hear. Three words that I had never heard from a man before. He had said it. He felt the same way as me. “I love you too, you know that.” I replied with a smile.

“Well I do now.” He grinned back at me, tightened his grip on my waist, lifted me up and started spinning us around. I threw my head back in laughter whilst I clutched onto his neck. He set me down and placed another kiss on my lips, this time weaving his fingers into my hair and holding my face close to his. “I could get used to hearing that.”

“God, you’re so demanding.” I kept my grin plastered on my face and felt him grinning too through his lips on mine.

“I am, I know. But you’re stuck with me now.”

“I guess I can deal with that.” He laughed loudly and nuzzled his head into my neck slightly. Almost as an automatic response I started playing with his hair, twisting strands around my fingers.

“Fuck, we’re so lame.” He said as he planted a kiss on my cheek.

“I know. I blame you entirely.”

“Huh?” He pulled away from me and looked at me questioningly.

“I blame you.. I never thought I would be this person. I’m so not this person at all. You’re the only one I’ve ever opened up to and the only one I’ve ever been truly happy with.” He smiled at my words. “And I totally hate you for softening me up by the way.” He chuckled softly. “I'm serious! I used to be a right bad ass." He laughed again and placed another kiss on my lips.

"You're so cute." He mocked.

"Shut up. I can be that bitch again if you want?" I raised my eyebrows in question.

"No thank you.. I like you just the way you are."

"Jesus Kyle. Pass me a bucket, your cringyness is making me feel sick."

He laughed loudly at my comment and then held on to me tighter, as if squeezing me was going to keep me closer for longer. "So it was my fault then? My fault that you aren't a bitchy bad ass any more."

"Yeah it was. It was your fault because you kissed me first. And then we all know where it went from there." I put on my best Kyle voice. "'Yeah sure Taylor I can do no strings attached! Oh no wait I like you!'"

He nodded slowly. “God I liked you so much for so long and I never said anything. And when I first kissed you I thought you were with Dan!”

“That’s still sick by the way! And you’re a dick for kissing your best mates girl.” I hit his arm playfully as if to tell him off.