14. Like

A few days after my talk with Will I finally got my first conversation in weeks alone with Kyle. Although the start of the conversation wasn’t exactly a positive one.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Kyle said in a hushed tone as he grabbed my arm and dragged me back so that we were far enough behind everyone else so that no one could hear us.

“Um, right now I’m walking to go to a restaurant for lunch with everyone.” I smartly replied. It was true though, we all had a few hours before the show so were all going out for a group meal. Right now we were all sort of wondering aimlessly around town until we found a place that took our fancy.

“Don’t play miss sarcastic with me.” He looked ahead and let go of my arm so as to not make it obvious that we were about to have an intense conversation.

“Me?” I asked over dramatically, widening my eyes and pointing to myself.

He turned his head to look at me and huffed at my mockery. “Taylor.. You know what I’m talking about.”

“I actually don’t, Kyle. But right now, do you realise this is the first conversation that we’ve had in nearly 3 weeks. And it’s so that you can have a go at me for something I don’t even know what I’ve done.”

“Yeah well, you acted like a jackass to me. I will act like a jackass to you.” He shrugged and turned back ahead.

"A jackass? Wow, America has hit you hard, it's even influencing your vocabulary." I tried to keep up my humor whilst getting an absolute slaughtering.

“God I'm going to have to spell it out, aren't I? You told Will about us.”

I shot an evil glare at the back of Wills head, I didn’t expect him to go blabbing about what I had told him, I assumed it was in confidence. “I needed someone to talk to. I was confused and angry. You wouldn’t let me talk to you!”

“I thought I was doing the right thing, staying away from you.” He sighed. “But I wasn’t.” He turned and stopped, holding gently onto my hands. “Taylor I miss you. Even if it’s just going to go back to what it was, I want to spend more time with you again.”

My heart skipped a beat. Kyle felt the same way as me. He missed me. He wanted me back. I looked down at our interlinked hands and quickly removed my hands from his grasp, leaving him with a confused and hurt facial expression. Yes, I wanted him back too, but I wasn’t sure if I was ready for people to see us together. “I.. I miss you too.”

“But..?” Kyle said, a pessimistic tone taking over as he carried on walking.

“But nothing." I reached out and held his arm gently for a few seconds. "I miss you and that’s it. I want to spend time with you again too.” Kyle’s upset look soon turned into a wide grin. “I.. I like spending time with you. I like us together. I really do. And I want to be us again. There’s just one problem. I’m not ready to tell Dan. I’m sorry.” I expected to look up and see his sad expression again, but he was still smiling.

“If that’s what you want then it suits me. I want to be us again too and if keeping us a secret is what we have to do then I’m willing to do that.” He said quickly. “Anyway, I kind of liked the secrecy of it all, it adds excitement.” I laughed slightly. He was right; the excitement and spontaneity was the part that I enjoyed most in our relationship. For instance, times where we had had sex in the tour bus was beyond exciting. It added an extra thrill, knowing that people were right next door and unaware of our little secret. “So back to being no labels, no exclusivity, no commitment?” He asked after a while.

I paused for a moment, slightly hurt. Was that what he wanted? I decided to lay my cards on the table, not wanting to put my own wariness in the way of me and Kyle being together. “I don’t think we need to put a label on things.. But I think we’ve gone too far for no commitment or emotions. This past few weeks has proved that.” I glanced at him quickly to see the same grin plastered on his face.

“I agree.” He smirked and we fell into a comfortable silence as we walked on down the street. “Can I ask you something?”

“You just did.” I teased him, causing him to smack my bum and I let out a small squeal.

“Don’t be cheeky.” He whispered in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine. I seriously missed his touch and even that bit of physical contact made me squirm. “Can I kiss you?” He whispered, his mouth still close to my face.

I glanced at the others, still walking slightly ahead of us and turned back to him, a grin now plastered on my face. He stopped walking and pulled my waist towards his body and placed a deep kiss on my lips, slipping his tongue in my mouth for a few sweet seconds. He then pulled away and carried on walking like nothing had happened. His nonchalance confused me. I was stood still, trying to catch my breath back and he was acting like he was fine after that kiss.

“Keep up then.” He turned to face me and walked backwards in the direction that everyone else was walking in. His coolness soon faltered though, as he tripped and had to steady himself so that he didn’t end up on the floor.

“So smooth.”  I laughed as I started walking again.

“You love it though.” He chuckled as he composed himself.

"I like it, yes." I said, emphasising the like. I liked Kyle, yes. But my feelings were no where near love.

"You like it." He smiled as he turned back and we followed the group further.