11. Hint

It was a couple of weeks into the American tour when I realised that this thing between me and Kyle had gone too far. It had only been going on a month or so but it had got way too intense and Kyle had developed feelings, which I made it clear shouldn't be on the cards. To make things worse, I was scared that I was growing too attached to him too.

The first hint that I got was whilst we were in New York. We had all settled into the hotel and everyone had gone to their separate rooms. As usual, Kyle secretly made his way into my room, which was totally fine. It was what happened after that freaked me out.

I woke up feeling the unmistakable feeling of another person next to me. Kyles arm was wrapped tightly around my body and I could feel his steady breathing on the back of my neck. I looked down to see our fingers entwined together. I began to panic. Not only had he stayed the night, but we were cuddling. I realise how this may not seem a big deal to most, but for me it was huge. With Alex, straight after sex he would usually roll over and start snoring, and with one night stands I made my boundaries clear.

But with Kyle it was different. We had never shown any emotions towards each other, especially not in front of other people. We had an agreement that it would just be a physical thing and him staying the night had broken so many of my rules.

Kyle was awoken by a loud knock on the door. "Taylor, wake up! We're going down for breakfast." Dan shouted.

"Uh okay, don't come in." I shouted back, panicked that he would come in. "I'm naked." I added, trying to think of an excuse for him not to enter the room. Technically it was true, I was naked. But Dan didn't really need to know that. Or know that Kyle too was naked and laying down next to me.

"Okay Taylor that is way too much information! Put some clothes on and we'll meet you down there." Dan replied and I heard them all walk down the hotel corridor.

I quickly clambered out of the bed and found some clothes. "Hmmm what's the rush babe?" Hint two.. Kyle was starting to use pet names with me.

"Dan could have come in just then! He could have seen you!" I said as I pulled my t-shirt over my head. "You stayed the night!"

"Oh, erm I didn't think it would be such a big deal." Kyle murmured, starting to sit up and get dressed.

"It's too.. Serious. Too Emotional. Cuddling." I stopped still and turned to him.

"Taylor, we fell asleep! And emotional? How's this for emotional.. I liked it, I won't lie. I liked waking up with you in my arms." He shouted at me in an angry tone. I had never seen him angry before really.

"But we said no attachments!" I yelled.

"YOU said no attachments! No attachments, fine I'm out." Kyle yanked his shoes on and slammed the door as he left.

'Our first argument' I thought to myself. Hint three that this was going too far.

I arrived to breakfast last and walked in mid conversation. "Where were you last night then Kyle?" Dan questioned. "You weren't in your room this morning."

"I uh.. I went out and ended up going back to a girls place."

"Oooo." Will teased. "Well we're in New York for 2 more days, are you going to see her again?"

"No." Kyle said hastily and shot me a quick glare. "Nothing serious or emotional." He repeated what I had said to him earlier in the morning. Hint four.. He was bitter at what I had said earlier on and bringing it up again.

"You player!" Dan joked and patted him on the back.

Later on that night we decided to try out the cities night life where the fifth hint that Kyle liked me came about. We were all at the bar of a club and a guy came up to the bar and stood next to me. I turned to look at him and was astounded at how stunning this man was. He was tall with a god like body, had chiselled facial features, bright blue eyes, was clean shaven and had a neat blonde hairstyle. I glanced over at Kyle; they literally couldn't be more different.

"Hi." The beautiful stranger said in my direction. I turned to check that he wasn't talking to someone else.

"Hi?" I hesitantly replied.

"I'm Cameron." He took his hand out to shake mine.

"Taylor." I blushed at his touch. Me, blushing!

"Want a drink?"

I could feel myself actually swooning. "Yeah sure." I grinned like an idiot at Cameron.

After a couple of drinks and some ridiculous flirting from the both of us we ended up on the dance floor. He held my waist as we swayed together in time to the music. Soon enough his lips found mine and we were wrapped up in each other in between the crowds of people in the busy club.

Seconds later, I felt him be dragged away from me. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Kyle slurred towards Cameron. "Get your hands off my girl."

My mouth dropped in shock. Why was Kyle embarrassing me so much? "What the hell Kyle?!" I shouted at him before turning back to Cameron. "I'm not his anything, please ignore him."

"Fuck off." Kyle shouted and grabbed my arms. "What are you doing Taylor?"

"Kyle, you're hurting me! Get off of me!" I yelled as I tried to free myself from his tight grip.

"She said get off." Cameron warned.

"Taylor please! Can we talk about this?" Kyle pleaded.

Before I even got a chance to reply, Cameron ripped Kyle away from me and swiftly threw a punch which landed straight onto Kyles face, leading him to fall to the floor.

I didn't even have to think about it, I was straight on the floor and held Kyle as blood poured from his nose. "What the hell do you think you're doing? Fuck off!" I shouted at Cameron who was clearly not the nice guy whom I thought he was. "What the hell do you think you're doing too Kyle?" I said as I helped him to his feet. "Shouting at a guy twice your size. And Dan could have seen you! He's only the other side of the fucking club!"

"I dunno." He shrugged. "I couldn't just fucking sit there and watch you two together."

I grabbed some napkins from the bar and started patting at Kyle's blood covered face. Right there in that moment it was like no one else was in the room. We intensely stared into each other's eyes as I wiped the blood from his face. I know it doesn't seem like the time to have an intimate moment, but it was at the time.

"Dude, what happened to you?!" Our gazes diverted to see Dan who was staring at Kyle.

"Oh, er just some drunk guy elbowed me in the face." Kyle quickly muttered.

"Bloody hell.. Literally." Dan drunkenly laughed at his own joke. "Look after him Tay!"

"I will do." I replied with a small smile.

It was at that moment that I got the biggest hint of all. I liked Kyle.