Chapter 1

LIYAH POV
—————-
"Wake up sis. YOU 15!!!!" I woke up to jay yelling in my face. Mom was smiling in her hospital bed and Jay had brought me some cane's. "Fuck" i said in my head. It was her birthday so Dre was going to spend the day with her. "I'm taking you out to eat tonight. And momma gone do whatever she can." I smiled and nodded because I wasn't sure if I would be able to hang with him.

My phone buzzed, it was from Dre
Dre: "What time do you want me to get you?"
Liyah: " maybe around 12-ish. I'm hanging with my mom this morning."

Dre didn't reply.

"Jay.... i don't know if we can hang out today..." i was honestly heartbroken to tell him that. He went from smiling to nodding his head and walking out the door. "Why can't you hang out with your brother today. He is your brother. Whatever you planned on doing... cancel it right now!" I knew my mom was serious. I felt bad for ditching on my big brother. So I texted Dre

Liyah: Dre can we do the plans tomorrow. My brother wants to take me out to eat..
Dre: It's ight your id coming in tomorrow anyways..

I did a double take when I  read what he said. What id?

Liyah: What id??? Dre what are you doing?
Dre: 😋 LoL we going to a club. See you soon 🤫

I face-palmed. And walked out to find my brother. "Bye ma , see you soon I love you." I wave when I walked out the room. It didn't take long to find him he was eating his food on a bench.
"Hey big bro." He nodded "I just wanted to say you're free to hang out with me. I canceled my plans." I gave him a hug and he hugged me back.
"Who did you have plans with anyways sis?" I looked at him because I already knew he would be mad. "I was going to hang out with the boy who kidnapped-" before I could finish he cut me off "Liyah what the fuck. You gone hang with the nigga that threatened my life. Go ahead and hang with him because now yo' schedule clear!" He walked out the hospital to his car and sped off. I had no choice but to go back to my moms room. Or text Dre.

Liyah: Can you come get me if you're not busy. Please
Dre: yea sure. Meet me at the hospital entrance.

I cut my phone off and walked to the entrance. I waited a couple of minutes then he pulled up to the entrance and walked out of a maroon Range Rover. Before I could say anything he pulled me into a long, tight hug. "Boy get off!" He laughed and let go. "I'm tryna see the woman who made you. Ouuu you so prettttttty! But for real when can I see your mom ?" I laughed, he looked so confused. "Boy you tried killing her son. Get on." He looked at me and frowned. I shrugged my shoulders and walked to the car.

When I got to the car there were 2 other people in the car one boy looked about 18 or 19 and then there was... Bernard. Bernard was 17. I use to mess with him but he cheated on me so I left him. He tried getting me back but it didn't work at all. "Hey bean! I missed you." Bernard said to me as he pulled me into a hug. Dre looked at me confused. "She my ole girl. Aren't you bean!" I mouthed "ex" and they started laughing. "Well Liyah this Jordan or Red. He my partner and my older cousin. You already know Bernard dumbass. Sooo we going to a club. You should've dressed up, but what you got on is ok. Buckle up." As I was putting on my seatbelt my phone started ringing. It was my dad, I rolled my eyes and answered.

"What do you want." I said rolling my eyes. "I wanted to wish you happy birthday baby. I wanna come see you. Where you at?" I sucked my teeth "Nigga- I mean, dad. You already kicked me out. Why would I want to see you? Ole deadbeat." Before he could say anything else I hung up. I looked up and they all was looking at me. "Heyyyy." I said and I waved. Jordan started driving. We drove out of my side of New York and we went to Harlem. I've only been to Harlem once and that was with Jay and his friend Amari. Amari and him got into a argument and I've haven't seen him since. I looked at his Instagram, he got a child now. "So this my club. It's not open so we gone chill in here until it does open at around 7. I was so deep into my thoughts I didn't realize we were there. My first thought was how does a 16 year old have a club. We all walked in.