Chapter 2 | And Sorry I Could Not Travel Both

2 | And Sorry I Could Not Travel Both

The mundane to life always made Miah feel oppressed. As she carefully observed the books stacked neatly in her locker, Miah couldn't help but feel the toll of her disastrous weekend heave heavy on her shoulders.

The anguish was far worse to deal with at home, given her parents were never there. And so, the loneliness tripled and doubled until she slapped a few sleeping pills in her mouth, finally dozing off.

The shrill of the bell far above her head indicates the time for the school day to end. A little elated, Miah removes the books she would certainly not being needing for the week, and places them in the expanse of her wide bag.

In the process, a body harshly slams into her. Startled, she looks up, ready to give the person an earful, but the words mute in her mouth when she eyes Clark Fisherman, one of Rhys' best friends. She furrows her eyebrows in scepticism, observing the muscular male with part disinterest and curiosity.

In response, Clark smirks, lifting his hands in defense as he waves at someone in front of him, far above Miah. Looking back, her frown deepens when Rhys saunters towards her, his form casual but hostile, per usual. His face is morphed into a twisted look of disapproval as he glances at Clark, but when he sees Miah, his expression softens by a mere inch, recognition flooding his dark, dark gaze.

Without saying a word, his hand clasps around Miah's wrist, locking her to himself, as he drags her like a rag doll, her body small and unable to catch up. She takes hurried steps; confused, outraged and shocked. What was going on? Did she know Rhys Newman Rives enough for him to be dragging her this way? At what point had they become so familiar?

Her mouth forms an 'O' at her realisation. What? Blurry memories flash through her mind as last weekend's party completes the circle. Yes. She confided in Rhys — the infamous bad boy of the school — and now, he was manhandling her!

Clark's hearty chuckle bellows from behind them and something tells Miah that he's also in on whatever it is that's going on.

Holding her breath, Miah's confusion swells into anger as she observes the back of the male she became familiar with at a boisterous weekend party. Yet, that did not mean he could handle her in such a manner! They did not know each other like that. Heck, Miah was definitely not well acquainted with him.

But something told Miah that Rhys was a man of his own word, and he didn't wait on anything. He just took it.

"What are you doing, Rhys?" Miah asks, but her words fall on deaf ears.

Then, she realises it.

The people.

What would they say?

This would surely taint her reputation. Rhys was a secret gentleman, sure. But, they lived on different parts of the spectrum.

And this worried Miah deeply as he stormed off with her in tow. Rhys didn't seem to care, but Miah did. Her mother would scold her ear off if she saw the company she'd kept. Miah groans inwardly, she hadn't even told her mother about the whole break up.

Looking around worriedly, Miah notices a few students observing her with disgust as they judge her for hanging with the heedless leader of the wolf pack, Rhys Newman Rives. But Rhys pays her and the others no mind as he continues dragging her up to the school cafeteria, and stops when they're near the welcoming doors, the scent of cooking invading the premises of their nostrils instantly.

Who does he think he is!

Miah harshly glares at the male standing before her, on his perfect face not an expression to give away what it is he's thinking.