part 9 part 2

The sound of voices woke me.

"She's wounded, is she still breathing!? God what happened here? Do you think she was mugged? But her vehicle is still here! Could she be raped then? Miss? Can you hear me? Miss?"
I opened my eyes and saw two shepherd with their cattle around me.
They gasped when I shot up and looked around me.
"Are you allright miss?" Asked one of the shepherds uneasy as he looked at my bruised face.
"Yeah, I'm fine" I answered as I took a good look around me.
The sun was already rising, giving the mountaintops golden outlines in the hazy morning.
I needed to go home, I realised. But I had no idea where exactly I was.
"Miss- ?" asked the other shepherd as he watched me closely.
"Excuse me, silly question, but where exactly are we here?" I asked before the shepherd could finish his question.
"Where..-you don't know where you are? Oh my, we are standing on one of the great Kakurajo mountains.. how did you get here?".
I ignored him as my brain tried to get a geographic pinpoint of where I was.
Kakurajo maintains... kakurajo..  never heard of them.
"What is the closest city here nearby?" I asked.
"Err.. city you ask? Hmm that must be Naoberu, but that is 97 km from here.." 
My mouth dropped. Had I really ridden that long..? 
"Wow, okay, that is pretty far away... I should be going then!"
"Wait! What happened to you? Are you okay..?"
 asked the first shepherd worried as he gave my body a nod.
I looked down and noticed my wrist twice the size of what it should look like.
"OH Kami, damn that stupid ape!" I growled angrily.
The shepherds looked at me in horror "You were attacked by an ape as you were driving here by night!? Oh my, you sure are lucky that you aren't that badly wounded!"

That comment made me snicker a little inside, them thinking that I had meant a real ape, and I grinned at them "Well, I don't go down that easily!".
"Let us make you some breakfast! There are no nearby villages, so it will take you a while before you can eat something otherwise." suggested the Shepherds.
After a simple, but delicious breakfast with the two friendly men, I decided to go back home, so I thanked them for their hospitality and care and took off.

I was driving for a not that long time through the mountains as I noticed that my fuel was almost empty.
"Shit shit shit!" I cursed at the flashing fuel-light. "Don't give up on me now! We are in the middle of NOWHERE!"..
But after one hour or so, my vehicle slowed down and stopped moving.
"NO, NO NO NOOOOOO" I cried out in frustration and despair. "Not here! Not now! Arggg I'm so stupid! What was I thinking!? Just riding through the night without looking at my fuel tank.. not realising that there weren't any gas stations around.. ".
I kicked at a stone and turned away from the motor and looked at the direction that I needed to go to.
I was so fucked. It would take me a whole day before I'd ever reach the first village.. And then I'd have to be lucky if they'd have cell phones or anything.. at some remote area's like this are usually no telephone connections. Maybe I could lift with someone from the village towards Naoberu.
"alright Bulma!" I said to myself, "just follow the road! You'll get there! "
And with those words I started walking. 

I had no water nor food. No cell phone with me. No nothing. 
Just a (probably broken) wrist that hurt like hell and a body what ached from the bruises.
It didn't take long before the thirst drove me crazy, as the sun shone mercilessly on my pale skin.
I was only wearing a t-shirt and long pants. On my feet simple sneakers, not fit for long walks, so after a few hours I felt the blisters on my heels.

 It was a hell, and after what felt like a few hours I couldn't take it anymore.

"UUGGHH BULMA WHY ARE YOU SO STUPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID!!!!!??" I screamed as loud as I could possibly muster, in my frustration and anger.
I was sweaty, tired, hurt, hungry and most of all thirsty.