Part 5

April 10th
Fuck you Kami.
I asked you to kill me .

 And I’m still alive and kicking. Well, not really kickin’, it’s more like…laying in bed with a raging fever.
I feel like jelly. Weird...
So hot. So cold. So jelly. My head hurts.
Going to sleep again.
Bye.

 April 13th
12.30 PM 

Finally! I’m feeling a little bit better!

I haven’t eaten anything solid for the past 5 days, and I feel very lightheaded and weak because of that. But the fever is mostly gone, so I counted myself lucky
AND I have lost some weight, so I have got that going for me, which is nice.
I guess I’ll put on some warm clothes, and join for lunch.

 4.00 PM
Ah Bulma dear, are you feeling a little bit better sweetie?” My mom asked happily as soon as she saw me entering the kitchen. I nodded, and managed to put a little smile on my face.
Dad was out of town, and Vegeta was taking a quick before-lunch-shower.
Even though I felt a lot better, I felt that I still wasn’t 100% healthy yet.
While I was helping mom in the kitchen, I felt my body shake, and I had to move slowly.
And just as I put the cutlery on the table, Vegeta walked in.

 He didn’t say anything to me, didn’t even seemed to acknowledge my existence. He just walked past me and sat down at his side of the table.
I couldn’t help but think about our last encounter.. and I started to turn red.
Bulma, are you alright love?” Chirped my mom a little worried.
You look like your fever has come back”.
I shook my head quickly, but I stopped as soon as I saw stars dancing before my eyes.
 “Here eat something Bulma” My mom suggested happily. “you can’t live on only soup and tea, you need to get more energy.”
Vegeta started to eat, and just the sight of him stuffing his mouth full with all kinds of weird combinations of food, made me feel sick.
I wasn’t feeling that good after all I guess. I started to sweat, and felt suddenly really nauseous.
“I’m not hungry Mom, thanks” I replied to her. “I think I’m going to lay down for a bit.. I’m not feeling so good after all”.

 And as I stood up, my body couldn’t take the sudden exertion; my sight went black, and I lost the strength of my legs.

I felt like I was having a dream. I was talking with someone.
But soon I would wake up at the sound of my alarm clock ringing, I knew that. But I really wanted to sleep a little longer, and stay in bed. But I heard some voices talking to me.
And then I realised: I wasn’t laying in my bed. It wasn’t morning.

I was in the kitchen, and the voice was my mothers, who was crying out to me.
“Oh dear, Bulma, Wake up! Sweetie, are you alright? Can you hear me? Oh my…
I opened my eyes, and realised that I was laying on the kitchen floor, my clothes drenched with sweat.
My upper body and head were being held up by Vegeta.
Ohhhh Bulmaaa!” Sighted my mom with relief. “You were out for more than a minute! Don’t scare me like that Honey! A good thing Vegeta has such great reflexes; he was just in time to prevent you from falling with your head against the edge of the table!” 

.“Oh… really?” I took a while to comprehend all she said.
My mom fluttered around me, and saying stuff about getting a doctor, and she ran out of the room.
I looked up and met Vegeta’s gaze “…Thank you Vegeta” I smiled, feeling really fragile.
I would really like to go to sleep now” I whispered barely noticeable.
I realised I was really clammy, and shaking uncontrollable.
The sudden pressure that lifted me up surprised me.
Vegeta had put his strong arms under my legs and under my back, and he carried me out of the kitchen.
No.. you don’t have to.. “I protested, but it came out so fragile, that I instantly knew that it wouldn’t convince anyone.
The last bit of energy seeped out of me, and I rested my head against Vegeta’s chest, and just closed my eyes.