❝you're going to be a hard habit to break

❝you're going to be a hard habit to break.❞

— 🌸 —

SCENE III: HABITS

習慣

— 🌸 —

THE DUSKY COLOURS of the spring evening got leia's rapt attention while she waited for the pink haired man to emerge from the restaurant.

it was a glorious sight to behold. the rays of the setting sun bled the sky in curls of pretty pinks, twists mellow yellows and waves of understated oranges that swirled together in a wave of goodbye the daylight.

white and pink cherry blossom petals danced in the breeze to the tune that spring played. the same tune that had the curls of leia's hair raging in freedom and ecstacy. it caressed her skin, leaving welcoming coolness in its wake.

she shut her eyes and smiled. it felt nice. she felt nice. all the angels that were in charge of the day had been kind to her, sending her inspiration, comfort, a new friend with a little twist to spice things up and of course, free food to wrap it up nicely.

she shifted the weight of her bag on her shoulder, thought moving to the man she was waiting for. something about him felt familiar and comforting. it was strange but nice. perhaps it was the sweet, easygoing air about him or the way his eyes morphed into half moons when he smiled brightly.

"cute." she mumbled with a soft chuckle. the restaurant door opened with a jingle then and the man in question stepped out. the spring breeze instantly wrapped around him, ravishing his fair skin and dancing with his hair.

"sorry for taking too long." his soft apology reached her when he did. smiling kindly, she gave him a look. "no need to apologise." she assured sweetly. a tiny smile tugged on the corners of the plump bubblegum lips that matched his hair.

they began an easy stroll through the streets. jimin's hand constantly came up in an attempt to sweep back strands of free flying hair that kept tickling his skin and getting in his eyes. leia seemed not to care that her hair was happily dancing around her face.

her eyes strayed to the side, eyeing him quietly. when his hand was raised again to fiddle with his hair, a soft chuckle escaped her throat. his gaze turned to her, laced with curiosity.

"you should let things happen naturally." her attention appeared to still be on the path ahead of them as the words swept past her lips. "you're a writer, i'm sure you know what i mean." she shot a side glance his way.

another tiny smile fought its way to his lips, his head bobbing in a single nod. "it's a habit." he told her, fingers brushing his hair once again. "i noticed." she replied. "you did it eight times while we were having dinner."

"you counted?" his voice flowed out on a wave of slight surprise. "force of habit. i want to say it's an occupational hazard but really i think i've always been this way. i always pay too much attention to detail even without realising."

"interesting." he oddly didn't sound surprised but there was a hint of fascination in the tone of his voice. "is there anything else you've noticed?" he asked curiously.

she sucked in a breath, eyes moving up to the soft clouds as her arms folded over her chest in thought. "hm, you tend to rub the tip of your nose with your index finger a lot." she did a short demonstration for him.

"and you bite the inside of your mouth when you're trying to remember something. oh! and your voice tends to get deeper when you're invested in a topic. it's kind of hot to be honest." her fingers snapped excitedly.

a gust of wind swept cotton candy hair to the side as it made its way through the city. jimin stared at her for a moment before looking away, finger tracing an unconscious path on the back of his hand. a roseate hue that complimented his hair tinted the apple of his cheeks.

she glanced at him, eyes trailing a path up his body. another soft chuckle left her mouth. "you can't even look me in the eye." she observed, fascinated by his still present shyness. "you're a cute one." she told him honestly after a moment.

"have you always been so..." he paused, searching his mental vocabulary for the right word. "straightforward?" he finished softly, still not looking at her. "i'd like to think so. my nana says i took after her."

he finally looked at her, plump lips curling up. "it's nice. you remind me of someone i know and someone i used to know." his voice was breathy, mixing in with the cool spring weather and tangling with the breeze before being swept away.

"are they perhaps the same person?" long, thick lashes brushed against dewy cheeks when she blinked slowly. "yes and no." he answered mysteriously. "hmm," she hummed thoughtfully, tongue pushing against the inside of her cheek. "you're interesting, jimin. very fascinating."

"i can say the same about you, leia." his gaze followed a cherry blossom fluttering in front of him until it made a home on the tip of his small nose. he let it be, not bothering to brush it off. the wind did snatch it away seconds later.

"why, thank you. you're far too kind." she curtsied, a small melodic laugh leaving her turned up lips. jimin's hand clapped over his mouth, shielding his small laugh from everyone. "you're extra, aren't you?"

her lips pressed in a child-like smile. "you should see my best friend." she replied easily. he glanced at her then, noticing how pink and white petals speckled her hair, too comfortable in the mane of curls to be coaxed to move by the cool wind. "mine too."

she inhaled sharply, her eyes bouncing around their new scenery. "hm, this is my turn." she stared to the right. "oh, okay." he nodded, following her gaze.

leia turned to him fully. "well, i guess i'll be seeing you around, park jimin." she stated, face warming into one of her easy smiles. "thanks for dinner and the easy conversations. you're nice to be around." she hiked her bag up.

"i had a great time too, leia morrison. and the conversations were easy because you made it that way." his eyes creased into soft warm crescents of joy.

she lifted a hand in a short wave, slowly backing away. the smile she had on not leaving her face. "wait! can i get your number?" he stopped her. her smile grew into a full-fledged grin. "next time." she told him.

"what if there isn't a next time?" his brows furrowed, a tiny pout pulling at his lips. "let things happen naturally." she held a hand out to let a white petal rest on her palm.

"there are lots of cherry blossom trees in japan." her eyes moved from the petal that had now flown away, landing on him with a soft intensity.

"but i only like to draw under one of them."

smiling again, she whirled around and began to walk away. she waved without looking back at him. "bye, jimin!" she could only hope he got her hint.