epilogue

Luke's POV

The first week after the incident had been good, everyone at school had supported me through what happened and they'd shown their delight for Ashton and I, the girls seemed especially happy about him coming to 'rescue' me.

Everyone was kind enough as well to stay positive about the whole thing and instead of telling me they were sorry about the events, they had taken the positives from the incident and I think that was helping my mind frame. I felt quite happy and what Mr Bates had done was having less effect on me than I'd thought it would, I think Ashton was also a major factor for this.

He'd done a lot to try and make me feel good and he'd tried making sure my mind wasn't too focused on Mr Bates and I was very happy about it.

So, it was Friday again and it was last lesson. Mr Bates' verdict was coming out today (I know it doesn't happen that quickly but it is now because it's a story) and we should be able to find out once school is finished.  I was nervous to say the least and Ashton knew this.

He was convinced that Mr Bates would get a long time but I wasn't so sure because there was a chance that it wouldn't go that way. However, I was trying not to dwell on it because whatever happens, happens.

When the final bell went, to signal the end of the lesson, Ashton grabbed my hand and began to pull me to my locker so I could get my stuff before we went to his locker.

"Ash, stop pulling me." I said as he tugged me along the corridor.

"I want to get out of here quickly and then get to yours, your mum will know the news."

"I know but you don't have to pull my arm out of my socket." I joked and he slowed down his pace before we reached his locker where he turned to face me.

"I'm sorry, I'm just anxious." He placed his hands on my hips.

"So am I but you just need to relax a little." I smiled up at him before placing my arms around his neck.

 "I will when we get the news." He said and I smiled softly before nodding my head.

"Are you ok, Lukey? You look a little down." Ashton moved one hand up to my cheek.

"Just anxious, like you."

"You'll be fine after we find out the verdict, so will I."

"You're the one delaying finding out by standing here talking." I joked.

"Let's get going then." Ashton said before quickly grabbing his stuff from his locker and then taking my hand again.

--------

Arriving at my house, Ashton seemed more nervous than I did and this led me to take his hand and squeeze it tightly in reassurance.

We walked in and went straight to the kitchen to see my mum already sat down, waiting for us.

"Oh hi hun, how was school?" She asked.

"It was fine mum but do you know the verdict?" I asked, just wanted the answer.

"Well hunny, he got 7 years." My mum didn't sound too happy with the news but I was very happy, that was enough time for me to move on completely with my life, I'll be 23 and so I knew the chances of Mr Bates bothering me again were very slim.

"Mum, that's great, he can't bother me then. Aren't you happy?"

"I am if you are, hunny."

"Well I am, what about you Ashton?" I turned to face him.

"I'm happy." He smiled which caused me to smile and walk over to him and hug him.

"Ashton dear, are you staying for tea?" My mum asked once we pulled away.

"If it's not trouble."

"No trouble so why don't you 2 go upstairs, I'll call when tea is ready." My mum smiled and I pulled Ashton upstairs.

I sat down on my bed and waited for Ashton to join me. "Are you really happy with the sentence?" I asked.

"I'm happy that it's long enough for you to move on with your life, I just think he should get more."

"Really?"

"Yeah but 7 years is long for his age and our age so even when he gets out you should be fine, we'll be fine." Ashton sat down next to me and took my hand.

"We'll?" I question.

"Well, I thought we would have a future together." Ashton looked a little shy to say so.

"You think about us having a future?" I sounded shocked.

"Yeah, I mean, I love you and I can't see myself with anyone else."

"I can't see myself with anyone else either." I said and Ashton looked up at me.

"Really?" He sound disbelieving.

Nodding my head, Ashton then hugged me tightly and said, "I love you, Luke, I love you so much."

Laughing, I replied with "I love you too, Ash."

----------------

A/N: Ok, I didn't know how to end the chapter but I've now finished this book. It's not as long as Sworn to Silence, etc but I'm quite proud that so many of you like it.

That being said, I want to thank you for over 40k reads, 2000 votes and over 700 comments. It's amazing and I want to thank you.

I also want to thank you for sticking through with this story, I appreciate it big time. I love you all so much.

Anyway, I've got nothing else to say so...The End.