five

Luke's POV

"Are we just going to your house?" I asked as Ashton drove, I was actually a little nervous because of the whole 'x' thing.

"Yeah, why?" Ashton looked at me briefly.

"Just curious." I mumbled.

Neither Ashton nor I said anything for the remainder of the car journey which thankfully wasn't long, the silence was starting to get awkward.

"Welcome to my humble abode." Ashton announced once we walked through the door to his house, it wasn't anything special, looked like a pretty normal house. This helped calm me a little.

Following Ashton, we went upstairs to what I presumed was his room and I must admit that his room looked pretty normal too. The posters adorning his walls added a personal touch to the room.

"So, what do you think?" Ashton asked with a smile on his face, obviously wanting an answer.

"Er, I like the posters. You like cool bands." 

His smile widened, "Thanks!"

Ashton then moved to sit on his bed and patted the spot next to him, obviously meaning he wanted me to sit next to him. Shakily, I made my way over and sat next to him but I left a little space in-between so it wasn't weird. My leg then began to shake because I was nervous because for one, he could be 'x' and two, I was literally centimetres away from my crush.

Trying to soothe me, Ashton put his hand on my shaking leg and asked "Are you nervous? Your leg is shaking."

"N-no." I stuttered out despite my obvious nervousness which had only increased by Ashton putting his hand on my leg.

"Just calm down, I just thought we could hang out to get to know each other better."

Feeling a little better at his confession, I genuinely smiled and said, "I'd like that."  

"Good. So, want to do 20 questions?"

"Ok."

Throughout the 20 questions, I got to learn about Ashton's favourite bands, his family, his hobbies, etc and it made me think that Ashton was a pretty cool person and not some weirdo who writes me creepy notes. I was starting to doubt my theory but I guess you can never be too careful.

I was thinking that I need to tell Ashton that I liked him before asking him about the notes just in case he thought I wouldn't like him and so lied but I wasn't really sure on how to tell him. I'd never told anyone I liked them before so I wasn't really sure on how to do it in a way that he didn't think I was a freak.

Maybe Michael or Calum could help, they'd been in relationships before and maybe they'd know of a way to go about it without coming off as weird. Though, given the possible situation, that could be the least of my worries.

"I'm really glad we could talk like this, Luke. It's nice getting to know you." Ashton broke me out of my thoughts.

"I was thinking the same." I smiled at him.

He smiled back at me as we stared at each other, neither of us moving or attempting to break eye contact. My breathing quickened as he leaned in slightly, I froze, was he really going to kiss me?

Ashton kept leaning in but then reached up his hand and pulled something from my hair, "Sorry, you had something in your hair and it was annoying me." He then leaned back as if nothing happened.

I tried not to act awkward about my complete misunderstanding of the situation and I hoped he didn't pick up on it because that would only make it weird but I ended up coughing awkwardly and croaking out a "Thanks."

"No problem." He smiled once again but all I could manage was a small one, still trying to get over my stupidity.

"Erm, I think I should go." I awkwardly scratched my arm and looked at him just in time to see his smile drop.

"Oh, yeah ok." He scratched the back of his neck before standing up from the bed and moving towards the door. I followed after him and we walked down to the front door where he said he'd see me at school before the smile returned to his face.

I nodded before quickly scurrying out of the house and out of the driveway, my heart rate still high. I didn't quite understand my reaction but the thought of him being quite happy in touching my leg and then leaning rather close to me just to not kiss me left me feeling a little weird. Ashton was seeming pretty hard to read, one minute he'd act normal and then the next he'd look like he wanted to kiss me?

I think the sooner I talked to Cal and Mikey the better because they'd help me try and understand what was going on with him and if they truly thought he was 'x' because as of right now Ashton was giving me reasons to think yes and reasons to think no. Apparently all I could say for certain was I was bloody confused.

--------------------------

A/N: This is rubbish, I'm sorry. Ideas aren't getting written out very well for this despite the fact I have everything planned out, whatever I write just doesn't seem right. I hope this is still interesting you though, I'd hate for you lot to go off it before it got interesting. At least what I think will be interesting.

Goal: 10 comments and 30 votes.