twenty

Ashton's POV

Luke had rang me and I could hear everything the man, who sounded like Mr Bates, was saying to Luke. I take it he was 'x' and Luke obviously hadn't taken it well because Luke had whispered a 'help me' to him and told me he was trapped in the changing rooms.

I will admit that I was scared because I had to get back to school after having driven home and I had to do it before Luke could get hurt. The thought of 'x' being Mr Bates only increased my stress and worry levels because this was supposed to be a man that we could trust, that Luke could trust, and there he was, trying to harm Luke in ways no one – especially a teacher – should.

As I drove, I texted Michael and Calum to get to the school because Luke was in trouble and I knew texting and driving wasn't a good combination but I didn't have much time to waste because Luke needed me.

I put the phone on hands free as I drove so I could hear the conversation between Mr Bates and Luke, the teacher sounded completely insane.

I was about half way to school when I heard a 'Help! Help me!' through the speaker from Luke and I immediately started to panic, I could hear the terror in Luke's voice, I could hear how scared and desperate he was.

That teacher was dead when I got my hands on him.

The conversation between Luke and Mr Bates had stopped being audible after he took Luke somewhere more 'private' and it made my anxiousness grow. I was getting more frustrated as the minutes ticked by because it'd never seemed so long to get to school before, the one time I wanted to get there quickly.

After about 5 more minutes of driving, I was finally at the school, Calum and Michael arrived together at the same time as me. Quickly getting out of our cars, all 3 of us raced into the school building.

"What's wrong with Luke?" Calum asked as he and Michael followed me.

"Mr Bates is 'x' and he's crazy."

"How do you know?" Michael asked this time.

"Luke dialled my number and let me listen to their conversation and Mr Bates was talking about how he had been watching Luke and whatever before Luke started shouting and then I couldn't hear what happened afterwards so I'm not sure what's happening right now but all I know is we need to help Luke." I explained.

"Where are they?" Michael asked once again.

"Changing rooms."

With that, Michael overtook my running but Calum just caught up to my speed.

Within the space of less than a minute, the 3 of us had reached the changing rooms and Michael was first to burst in but Luke wasn't there.

"Luke?!" I called out and that's when we heard a noise come from the conjoining changing room.

"Luke?!" I called again and this time we got a shout back.

"Ashton! Help!" Luke then squealed afterwards, like he'd been hit.

Immediately, I tried pushing the door open but I found it was locked. Having the adrenaline shoot through me, I wasted no time in then beginning to kick at the door, my Lukey was being hurt right now and I was not going to sit about and do nothing. I had to protect him.

"Ashton, be careful!" Michael shouted as I kicked out.

"Luke is in danger; he is more important right now."  I continued to try and break the door down but the task was proving harder than I previously thought it would.  

"Ashton!" Michael shouted again when I didn't get very far with my foot and so tried with my shoulder.

"I have to get to him!"

On the 7th slam on my shoulder on the door, I managed to break it. My shoulder was throbbing but I didn't care as I shoved the door open properly and took in the sight before me.

Mr Bates had Luke's wrists pinned to the floor above his head and the other hand was in Luke's hair and tugging his head to the side so he could suck at his neck whilst he sat on top of Luke. My Luke.

Rushing into the room, I pulled the teacher off of Luke and slammed him against the wall. "Don't you fucking touch him." I growled.

"Get off of me." Mr Bates growled back and tried prying his hands off of me.

"Funny that that's what I heard Luke say and then you evidently didn't, how do you like it?"

"Luke." Mr Bates sounded desperate to get his filthy hands back on my boyfriend.

Michael finished the phone call with the police and then took over holding Mr Bates from me so that I could go to Luke who was wrapped in Calum's arms.

I tapped Calum on the shoulder and he pulled away from Luke so that I could hug him, which I did, when I pulled away I placed a hand on his cheek and tried to calm him down because he was crying.

"Hey, don't cry Lukey, it's ok, you're safe." I said and then pressed a kiss to his forehead, he smiled weakly at me.     

"I'm sorry, I-"

"No, don't apologise, this isn't your fault."  

He nodded his head and let me bring him into another hug, his tears staining my shirt. I kissed his head and despite him being so upset, I was glad he was ok.

----------------

A/N: Well, Ashton finally came to the rescue. What do you think? Next chapter, I may go back a little just to have a Luke's POV and then progress but basically, this story is near to its end. Not many chapters left.

Thanks for reading x