Chapter 14: Just Not Right Now

I return to the dorm room to find Jennie and Jisoo feverishly making out on the couch that we had found in an alleyway a few months ago.

"Wow, way to be subtle," I say sarcastically.

The two break away from each other and Jisoo falls off the couch and lands on the floor in her hurry to make it seem like nothing had happened. Jennie breaks into laughter and mumbles, "dumbass," under her breath, to which Jisoo kicks her for.

"I didn't think that couch could get any more disgusting than it already was but you guys just proved me wrong," I say as I head for the kitchen area to grab something to drink. "We're either throwing that thing away or drowning it ten gallons of bleach."

"So now you know," Jennie says, "Jisoo and I are a thing."

"I've know for ages," I say as I open the fridge, "you guys aren't slick. I know that I've been third-wheeling for months."

Jennie pushes herself off the couch and clears her throat. "Anyway, how did things go with Chaeyoung?"

"Fantastically!" I exclaim as I pour myself a glass of orange juice. "Jennie, although it was a little stalker-ish of you, thank you for tracking down Chaeyoung's apartment and convincing her to talk to me."

"You did what?!" Jisoo shouts.

"It worked!" Jennie shouts right back at her.

"First of all, that's so creepy of you, how did you even found her address?" Jisoo asks. "Secondly, why didn't you tell me? I could've gone with you!"

"Yeah, you could've gone with me and slapped her again!" Jennie retorts.

I practically spit out the juice that I was sipping on as Jisoo nervously stares at me like a deer caught in the headlights. "Jisoo..." I dangerously mutter, "what did Jennie just say you did?"

"You said you wouldn't say anything!" Jisoo quickly gets off the floor and runs for the door.

"Hey! Don't you even think about running away!" I start to chase after her.

Jisoo rampantly swings open the door and sprints down the hallway. She repeatedly presses the button for the elevator door until it opens and once she's in, she practically smashes all the buttons on the wall inside. I reach the elevator just after the doors close on me and I can hear Jisoo laughing from inside.

"I HOPE YOU GET STUCK IN THEIR AND PISS YOURSELF!" I shout at her with everything my voice has to offer. I decide to give up on the chase, considering the fact that Jisoo will eventually have to come back later tonight. "Jisoo's such a child," I say as I arrive back at the dorm.

"Jisoo's the child? I heard you screaming from all the way down the hall," Jennie points out. "But besides that, tell me what happened with Chaeyoung."

"Well," I start off, "we're going on our first date tomorrow night."

"Really? What're you gonna wear?" Jennie asks.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "I have to dress up?"

"Who doesn't dress up for a first date?"

"But we've known each other for years."

"But you guys haven't spoken in what—six years?"

"That's true," I admit as I open the closet door. "But I don't have any nice clothes."

"And that's why we go shopping."

Twenty minutes later, Jennie and I arrive at the mall.

"Jennie! Lisa!" someone shouts from behind us.

I turn around to see Jun, coming towards us with his group of friends.

"What a pleasant surprise," he says, leaning against a shelf.

"Wish I could say the same," Jennie unenthusiastically mutters. "What do you want?"

"One of the biggest parties of the year is coming up, you guys can't miss it. Invite everyone you know. Invite your friends," he then looks at me right in the eye, "girlfriends."

So maybe Jun was right when he thought that I was gay.

"By the way, how's it going with that girl I saw you with? What was her name? Chaeyoung? How come I didn't see her the other day when I passed by the shop?"

"Shut up."

"Did you guys break up?"

"I hate you so much," I deadpan. "Let's go, Jennie."

When we get far enough from them, Jennie asks, "What was that about? How does he know?"

I heave a heavy sigh. "He just runs his mouth a lot. He just happens to be right this time."

"Are you ever going to admit it? That you're gay?"

"I can't hide it forever. I'll eventually have to tell everyone. Just not right now," I say. "What about you and Jisoo?" I ask.

Jennie stares down at the ground and frowns.

"I guess I could say the same thing."

hey guys! in this chapter i wanted to focus a little on lisa and jensoo. it's kinda a filler but the last part of this chapter is gonna be important for the story later on. hope you enjoyed :))))