Chapter 11: The Hidden Truth

(unedited)

How should I wear my hair?

Maybe I should put it into a ponytail. Or should I just curl it? Should I put on any makeup? Maybe I should put on a little bit of mascara. And maybe lipstick. And maybe some concealer since my eye bags are five times puffier than they usually are.

I have exactly forty-seven minutes before Lisa comes over.

I want to look good, but I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard.

Eventually, I change into a pair of ripped jeans and a white tee. There is a knock on the door at exactly 12:07 p.m and my heart rate skyrockets to a gazillion beats per minute.

I try to shake out the nervousness in my body before rushing over to the door and waiting a few seconds before opening it.

"Hi," Lisa awkwardly says.

"Hey," I mumble back with twice the amount of awkwardness.

I open the door a little bit wider for her, silently telling her to come in. She does so without another word.

Lisa's Point of View

This is my last chance. If things end badly again today, the friendship between Chaeyoung and I will be permanently severed. For sure this time. Because as much as I want to have Chaeyoung be an active part of my life—I'm tired out. I'm tired of being rejected over and over again. A person can only take so many hits and heartbreaks; a relationship can only take so many hits and heartbreaks.

"Chaeyoung," I say, voice barely audible, "I know you're sick of me."

Chaeyoung doesn't say anything as she sits down across from me. I guess I'm going to have to do most of the talking.

"After this, I swear I'll leave. I promise to not come back again. But I just want you to be honest with me right now."'

"Okay, what do you want me to be honest about?"

I take a deep breath.

"What did I do wrong?"

I don't have high expectations. I don't expect for Chaeyoung to actually give me a straight answer.

"Please, tell me. I can't stand to not know. What did I do wrong? What went wrong? We were inseparable friends."

There's a long moment of silence that stretches on for about two minutes. During that time, I nervously play with the hem of my shirt. Chaeyoung seems to be having a mental battle with herself. She seems to be debating whether or not she should be honest with me.

"You promise not to come back if I'm being honest?"

I nod.

I really don't want to keep that promise. And I really want to break it.

I then hear Chaeyoung mutter, "After I tell you the truth, you won't even want to come back." She bitterly chuckles to herself.

What type of truth could be so "bad" that it would make me distance myself from Chaeyoung forever?

Whatever. I patiently wait for Chaeyoung to finally say it.

"What went wrong is that I fell in love with you."

author's note: it took me an entire month to update with a chapter that's only 500 words i apologize

i'm just really lacking inspiration since blackpink hasn't made a comeback in such a long time and i'm slowly being pulled out of the fandom

but, their comeback is supposed to be in May and if it is expect more updates!