The Arranged Marriage

Third person P.O.V.

Prince Nico of the infernum demergeris kingdom walked down his castle's staircase into his fathers, king Hades, office where he awaited him.

"Son," he greeted, without bothering to look up at the person who had just entered.

"Father," Nico replied, he didn't bother taking a seat.

"As you know Nico you are of age to get married," Hades said, finally looking up at his son. "I know you said you didn't want and I don't want you to, but we have no choice the only way to save our peace with the emota tridenti kingdom is if you marry, their daughter, please son, I need you to at least think about it and the sake of our kingdom, you never know, she might even be your soulmate."

Nico disagrees with this but nods his head before excusing himself, he walks grudgingly up the stairs, before, reaching his dorm, he lands on his bed with a thump, he closes his eyes and thinks about what his father said, he knows even if he says no, somehow he will end up marrying this girl, wether he's wants to or not. He's only seen her a couple of times at royal gatherings, look-wise she was pretty, but looks aren't what it's about. He falls asleep, thoughts non-stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n walked down the hallways admiring them for the last few times, she knows what her duty is as the princess, she knew from the beginning she was inline for marriage, she had been told a couple of weeks ago, to her luck it was Nico of the infernum demergeris kingdom, her crush. She knew that half the girls in his and her kingdom all found him attractive but that's not why she liked him, it was for a completely different reason.

~~Flashback~~~

'Sniff sniff'
The little boy looked up in confusion, at this time, in this area there shouldn't be anyone, he thought it was all in his head until he heard it again, but much closer this time, he started heading towards the noise and finally he saw what was making the noise. A little girl sat in the corner, huddling herself. He bobbed down, so that he was eye level with her.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, she looked up surprised (e/c) eyes stared at dark eyes.

She shook her head, no.

"What's wrong?" He asked, concern coating his voice.

She sniffed once more before answering with, "I lost my mummy and daddy, and I don't know anyone or anything here"

"Oh, I can help you get to the palace guards and they can help you."

"Really?" Her eyes shone with hope, he nodded his head, filling her with more hope."

He took her to the palace guards, and she was surprised when they regarded him as prince Nico, after that they never saw each other again, or at least so the boy thought. He just never realised she was princess (y/n) and that he saw her at the royal gatherings and balls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the yearly masquerade ball, Nico was near the punch bowl watching people, he was bored out of his mind, when out of no where came a girl, tripping over her own feet, right into his chest. "I'm terribly sorry, I'll make up too you, how about a dance?"

~~~~End of flashback~~~~

(Y/n) heart was beating very fast in her chest, she thought it'd beat so fast that it'd jump right out. today was the first day where they would spend an entire day together, AKA a date. They only had three months before getting engaged to each other, and then another six months before they would have to marry, of course (y/n) was secretly happy but her doubts over powered her happiness, like what if he didn't like her, or he wasn't really what she thought he was, or he sees her and thinks she the most ugliest thing on the planet, or, or...

Her train of thoughts where cut off by her father, king Poseidon ,"(y/n) come, I want to give you something that your mother wore ever since the first time I saw her." He opened a red box and inside laid a beautiful gold necklace with a pearl charm, there were two dolphins in the corner formed by gold coil. she gasped, it was magnificent, she hugged him while thanking him ", thank you, so so so much, dad!"

At that moment the royal trumpets went of signaling the arrival of prince Nico and king Hades. They greeted each other before Nico and (y/n) went of on their own. They were on a walk to where (y/n) had set up a picnic for them to enjoy, on the way they tried to learn as much as they could about each other, Nico learnt that (y/n) could play the violin, that she loved to draw and paint, especially nature, like the sunset, and that she also loved the colour (f/c). (Y/n) learnt that Nico loved to play with his dog Mrs O'Leary, he loved the darkness and enjoyed studying the stars at night. He also loved a classic waltz.

They finally reached where (y/n) had set up the picnic it was in the her little secret garden with a little stream running down the middle. They sat down on the blanket she had set up in a little quaint hut . There was a little blanket, with sandwhiches, freshly squeezed grapes and frosted cupcakes. They started talking and getting to know each other. By the end they were feeling betetr then what they did when they were told they were to be married.

"Do you want to dance?" Nico asked, standing upnholding out his.

"Yes please," (y/n) said also standing up.

Nico put his hands around (y/n) waist while she put her hands on his shoulder.

Nico liked her maybe his father was right maybe this was his soulmate.

Phew, i havent done a long one in a while havnet I?

Part 2?