-41: The Ball-

The following are the dresses. I am using the app, for both Wattpad and Polyvore so I don't know how to save the images to post it here. Sorry...

http://bluecastle141201.polyvore.com/?filter=sets

I have named them, so no worries. I hope you like the dresses!

THIS IS E EPILOGUE!

Read chapter 40 first!

***

-41: The Ball-

-Percy-

I waited at Athena's cabin for Annabeth. At last, she emerged.

I looked at her in awe. "You look beautiful, Annabeth." I said.

She smiled faintly. "Don't worry, I'm not wearing heels."

I bowed, putting my elbow out. She gracefully took it and we walked to the dining pavilion.

The pavilion was like nothing of the past. The tables had been removed, and Chiron had somehow strengthened the barriers to make it double-monster-proof.

Many people were circling the dance floor, too shy to really dance. Then, Will Solace took the microphone. No idea how he got it inside the camp premises.

Then, as I looked on, I saw Chiron step up to the podium. Then, he and Will seemed to be arguing. Then, Will seemed to blush and step down from the podium.

Chiron stood there and gazed down at all of us.

"Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen." Boomed Chiron. "Its indeed a pleasure to have you here." How... Formal.

"This ball is conducted as a celebration for the defeat of Gaea. Many people risked their lives. Many died. More injured. But, they have returned for a short period to celebrate with us. Have fun." Chiron said as a fissure opened at the foot of the podium.

Many souls climbed out of it. I watched in wonder as the souls who died emerged: Clarisse LA Rue, Malcolm, Drew Tanaka, Dennis Mellow (son of Hermes) and many more which I didn't know and instantly felt guilty.

They ran over to the side and stood there, as if waiting.

Then, more 'past' deaths climbed up, Luke Castellan, Zoë Nightshade, Michael Yew, Silena Beauregard, Charles Beckendorf, Bianca di Angelo, Lee Fletcher and Castor.

My mind filled with grief. At least now I had a chance to apologize.

"Percy." A whispery voice called me. I looked over and saw Silena Beauregard.

"Silena!"

She smiled and walked over to me. "You've grown."

I grinned. A grin of happiness. A sudden burst of happiness.

"I'm so sorry!" I blurted out.

She frowned. "For what?"

"For... For these deaths." I helplessly waved my hand at all the souls.

She tutted disapprovingly. "Its not your fault, Percy. I chose my destiny. We chose our destiny."

"Percy!" Another voice, this one more masculine.