Chapter Six - It's a thing?

Caden and I began dating on November 28th, 2016.

It has already been two weeks since then and I still can't believe that I have a boyfriend.

This feeling was completely different compared to the one I felt when I was with Tristan. I know you should never compare an ex-boyfriend to the other but with Caden things seemed to be more alive. Like actions and words said more than we realized.

I could read his expression and body language as if I had known it my entire life. Kinda weird but also really nice.

I was just happy.

Maybe a little too happy.

"You seem to be in a good mood." A voice said to me as I was entering the section of the library where the study rooms were held.

I turned to see a familiar face.

"That I am Eddy." I said to a study buddy of mine.

Eddy was trying to become a dentist and I a doctor so the two of us are always in the same study area. I would always talk to him on breaks or about something I didn't understand that he might.

"Finals are less than two weeks." He said reminding me of the little time left. "This semester has gone by so quickly."

"You're telling me Eddy." I said to him as Thanksgiving felt as though it went by faster than I could blink.

I waved at Eddy before entering into the quiet space that seemed to be a second home to me. As I prepared my study materials I couldn't help but think about how things have changed within the span of a semester. Crazy how life can be, huh?

I began to study biochemistry as it was a favorite class of mine. Not because I was good at it but rather because it has given me a reason to cry once a week. My professor wasn't the best with explaining and therefore made my class do the teaching themselves.

I needed a good grade in this class as I would be sending out my application to medical schools next semester. I was waiting for my test scores from the medical college admissions test to come in before I did such.

I was excited for what the future held as I was itching to finally learn more about the medical field.

After about two hours of studying I decided to check my phone for a quick break. Sometimes my mother would text me updates, telling me about her day or just send me a picture of something that reminded her of me.

Yet, this time when I checked my phone there was a message from Caden.

"Hello, beautiful. What are you doing right now?" He asked.

I quickly responded back to him, telling him that I was studying as finals were sooner than I thought.

"I'll let you go then...Wouldn't want to distract you too much Ms. future-doctor. Good luck and text me once you're done for the day." Caden said with a smiley face, making me smile.

I told him that I would let him know once I was done with my school work as school was definitely more important than texting him.

I will always put my education first before anything as it was an investment that would yield a lot of opportunities and abundance in the future. A lesson I was taught from an early age by watching my mother and listening to her wisdom.

***

The sky soon set and my mind took in as much information it could before it felt overwhelmed or burned out, a common struggle among pre-medical students I found.