CHAPTER 18

Thomas brought me to Jeff and Clint, who stitched up my cut. They were still shocked about the whole situation, but decided not to ask any questions. They just said that it was amazing at how much blood I lost, yet I'm able to stay awake for the whole night and live like I am right now. Thomas and Minho were tended to also, but they weren't majorly hurt anywhere. As for Alby, I could hear a few screams coming from one of the rooms, but other than that he seemed 'okay'. Newt came in after with a meal, that I immediately ate up in an instant.

"How did you do it?", Newt asked.

"I seriously don't know. I was knocked out for the most of it", I replied while hugging my knees to my chest.

"Not that, how did you survive with all the blood-loss? It doesn't make sense...", Newt said while chewing on his fingernail.

"I don't know. I have a feeling it's something to do with the Creators....", I answered.

Newt became silent, in deep thought. I looked out the window and saw the boys doing their usual chores and jobs. I then heard Newt stand up from his spot, and grab my arm. He gently pulled me up from the bed, and suddenly hugged me. I forgot what it was like to be in his hugs. They were warm and welcoming. But this hug felt different, more desperate and needing.

"You promised you would of been careful....I thought you were dead....", Newt's voice sounded weak and was a small whisper.

I was surprised that Newt had appeared so weak infront of me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him back. Newt was silent once again, but didn't let go for a minute. I didn't mind this at all, I could sense how much Newt was upset right now. It's true that I promised him, and I didn't follow through with it. He was so worried.

I then heard a knock on the door, and saw Chuck open it. He looked surprised but quickly washed it away. Newt and I pulled apart, and Newt looked a little better.

"Umm sorry to interrupt, but we're havin' a Gathering now", Chuck said rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

Newt nodded and looked back at me. Then at the speed of light, Newt swooped in and kissed me on the lips. K.I.S.S.E.D! I was in the state of shock, so I didn't move. He then pulled away and ran out the door, and down the stairs of the Homestead. I looked at Chuck, and saw him looking as shocked as I was. That came out of no where! My face was probably a tomato right now!

"W-Well....that was....awkward", Chuck stated.

"I.....Let's get to the G-Gathering!", I said while quickly rushing past Chuck.

What is this feeling? It burns in my chest and I can't get rid of it! I don't think I've felt this before, but what is it exactly? I tried my best to ignore it and headed to the room where Gatherings are usually held. I saw Thomas sitting in the chair in the middle of everyone, while the Keepers were sitting around him. There was an extra chair put beside Winston (Keeper of the BloodHouse), so I sat on it and waited for this 'trial' to begin.

"In place of our Leader Alby, I declare this Gathering in action!", Newt said while holding a notepad with him. I just remembered that kiss and immediately my mind went into a riot. Newt looked unaffected and acted like it didn't even happen.

Newt, what exactly have you done to me?