CHAPTER 16

It was hard to stay awake. The blood that was pouring out from my stomach, was taking my consciousness away with it. I could see that Minho was sweating out of panic and didn't know who to tend to first. He kept on talking to me, snapping his fingers infront of my face to keep me awake. But it was getting too difficult. I felt Minho start to press his hand on the cut, making me wince from the stinging pain.

"Come on Mickey, stay with me!", Minho yelled out.

"M-Minho...get Alby and l-leave, quickly", I barely could hear myself. But Minho turned his head to me and shook his head.

"No I'm not leaving you here", he said stubbornly.

Minho then ripped off the end of my shirt, now fully exposing the deep cut. He then started to wrap the ripped fabric around the wound, making the pain lessen the slightest bit. He then it in a knot and lifted me up from the stone cold ground. Minho then flipped me around, so I was now on his back. He held up my legs, before waking over to Alby.

"You need to wrap your legs around my waist. Hold on tightly cause I can't hold you while trying to carry Alby as well", Minho said while looking over his shoulder at me. I nodded and I could feel the blood drain away from my face, making me look alarmingly pale. I then did what Minho said and held on to Alby as tight as I could.

Minho was able to hold up Alby, and started walk while dragging him. I could tell how heavy he was, since Minho was basically dragging the other. I used all my strength to hold on to him, but my chest was becoming tight. It was getting harder and harder to breathe. I would of loved nothing more than to pass out right now, but I would be making it even harder for Minho.

"Mickey...stay awake for just a little more", Minho encouraged while puffing and sweating.

"I-I'm trying...", my voice didn't sound at all like my own. It was now cracked and weak, barely a whisper.

After an hour of keeping myself awake and gaping like a fish, I was at the brink of either dying or loosing consciousness. Minho still pushed on, trying his very best to get back to the Glade. I could just feel my weakness growing and growing, but I tried to keep hold of Minho for as long as I could. We soon were just another corner around to the Glade. I was able to get a glimpse of my watch, and saw that it was one minute to the doors fully closing.

"Come on, come on, come on!", Minho spoke to himself.

We turned the corner, and I barely looked to see that every Glader was waiting at the entrance. They looked shocked at the sight of Alby and myself, and started to scream at Minho to keep going. But I couldn't take it anymore. I slowly felt my arms go limp and my legs weaken, and I slipped right off of Minho's back. He stopped and turned to look at me.

"K-Keep going...I-I'll be fine...", I said while watching the Gladers look at us in fear and desperation.

"MICKEY GET UP! THE DOORS! THEY'RE GOING TO-", I could hear Newt screaming at me, until the familiar sound of rumbling was heard. The doors started to close.

"G-Go Minho! Quick!", I tried my best to make him run, but he didn't. He walked back to me and grabbed my arm. All he could do was drag me towards the doors. So freaking stubborn!

"Don't you dare Greenie!", I could hear Newt speaking to someone. I gathered that it was Thomas since he said Greenie.

I barely looked up, and then saw Thomas run through the tight gap that was left of the doors. What is he doing?! That idiot! Everyone was shocked and yelled at him to come back, but he was already half way through. Minho had given up in moving, he just stood there, shocked at Thomas's actions. He appeared through the gap and the doors slammed shut. It was now silent. Minho's puffs of air were heard and Thomas was looking at us in...actually I don't what he was showing. It was slight fear, but there was something else I couldn't quite pin-point.

"You are a shucking idiot", Minho finally said, putting Alby down on the ground.

"I was just trying to help!", Thomas said in his defence.

"Well a lot of help you did. Now you've just basically killed yourself, just like the three of us", Minho said while gesturing to me and Alby.

I ignored their bickering and pushed myself up from the ground. Damn it if Minho hadn't stopped for me, he probably would of made it through the doors and only one of us would of been dead. I forced myself to sit up against the wall, and placed a hand over my slowly bleeding stomach. It was still hard to breathe, and I was gaping while my face was drained of colour.

"M-Mickey.... what happened to you?", Thomas said while turning to me. I looked at him and shook my head. It's too much energy to reply to him. Minho walked over and crouched down in front of me, before picking me up and sitting down in my place. He put my side ways on his lap but my legs were stretched out and my upper half was sitting up, leaning against Minho's chest.

"Let's just say Grievers can play dead real well", Minho replied while putting his chin on top of my head.

I blinked slowly and listened to Minho's quick, scared heart beat. It was finally the time to pass out, which I finally gave into it. Even though I'd probably die tonight from either blood-loss or a Griever, I felt safe in my best-friends arms. Darkness soon over came me, and I closed my eyes while leaning against Minho.