CHAPTER 11

Minho and I made it to the kitchen area and as soon as we arrived, Minho decided to go to every Glader and say that we kissed. Oh my freaking god Minho I will kill you in your sleep! I quickly rushed away and found Newt,Chuck and the new kid sitting at our usual table. I sighed and sat down beside Newt who was looking down at his meal while eating.

"Hey guys...", I greeted.

"Hey".

"Hi".

I looked and saw that the new kid was staring at me. Must be a shock to see the only girl in this god damn place. He was pretty tall and his eyes were filled with confusion and fear from this new environment. Can't really blame him, I only got here a few days ago so...

"A-Are you the only girl here?", he asked me. I cracked a smile at him and nodded.

"That's me. I arrived three days ago so I'm basically as clueless as you are right now. I'm Mickey", I said to him. He seemed to relax a little and smile the slightest.

"I'm Thomas", he greeted back.

"Nice to meet you-", I was cut off from Minho suddenly appearing and sitting down beside me. He still had his freaking annoying grin on his face and I was ready to punch it off him any second now.

"I kissed a girl", he stated. I face-palmed with my cheeks burning up, and everyone at the table looked at him in shock. They soon turned to the guilty person sitting next to him, A.KA me.

"What?", Newt said astonished. "You actually kissed this slinthead?!".

"Yup! She did and now I'm the first Glader to get a kiss around here!", Minho gloated even more and even had the courage to sling his arm around my shoulder again.

"That's not fair! She's only been here three days!", Newt said and pushed Minho's arm off my shoulder.

"Umm guys I'm still here you know....", my comment went un-noticed while Minho and Newt started to bicker at each other, with me in the middle. Thomas watched the two, before a smile appeared on his face. It's actually nice to see at least some happiness and fun happening in the Glade. It didn't have to depressing and sad all the time.

After Lunch, I had to go back to the Gardens to continue my work experience. I met up with Braydon again and we talked a little while working. I saw Thomas wonder off into the Deadheads for a while and I also saw Minho strolling around, still occasionally gloating about the kiss. Everyone in the Glade probably knows about it now. Michael came over to where I was and decided to bug me even more while I worked. He kept on talking about Thomas and how he seemed like bad news and a spy from the Creators. It made me aggravated from the way he freely spoke of him when he didn't even bother to get facts from Alby or Thomas himself.

I then heard shouts and screams come from the Deadheads. Everyone stopped there work and looked up in confusion. Wasn't that where Thomas just went? Alby and Newt rushed out from the Homestead, and looked around in confusion. Alby soon grabbed a bow and a pack of arrows, before rushing to the screams. Newt instructed everyone to stay where they were and get back to work. I stood up from my place and slipped past Zart, and over to Newt who was standing near the Deadlands forest with his arms crossed.

"Newt?", I called out to him. He turned around and blinked.

"You should get back to work", Newt said, but I noticed that he didn't really care if I was working or not.

"What's going on? I saw Thomas walk into the Deadlands earlier...", I said while looking up at him.

"He did? I'm not even sure what's wrong. Alby just rushed into the bloody forest without an explanation. I don't expect he had a shucking clue what was going on either", Newt said while looking out into the forest again.

It was silent for a few seconds, because no one really had anything to say. But it wasn't awkward, it was a comfortable silence. But Newt decided to break it.

"Did you really kiss Minho?".

I blinked, startled from the sudden question and looked up at Newt. I saw he was dead serious and looked kind of hurt. He still was staring off into the forest, yet his mind was far away from here. I gulped, quite embarrassed but nodded.

"Y-Yeah, I did", I confessed truthfully. Newt's shoulders stiffened even more and he let out another sigh. He started to walk away, but I heard him whisper something to himself. I'm not sure if I heard it correctly though.

"Figures, I had no bloody chance in the first place....", and with that, he was limping his way to the Homestead.

Did....I hear him right?