Chapter 6.

An Update after ages. Was having tough time to write something down. But Mission Successful  now.

 Tell me how it is?

 Vote and Comment.

 ******************************* 

As the warm breeze brushed Ishani’s face, she soaked in the beauty of her surroundings. She was sitting in the balcony of her hostel room which had the best view in the world. In front of her was a series of small hills damped with greenery. The fresh air brought the smell of the forest and she could feel every nerve of her soothing in the peace of this place. She knew that her decision was right and now she could see a whole new world in front of her.

The institute was a little bit off road to main highway, situated near a village. But it was well equipped with all modern day facilities. With main campus containing classrooms, studios, labs, library, project room and equipment room; the remaining campus was parted in five blocks: faculty residency, boys and girls’ hostel, emphy theatre for any kind of events and sports area. But the main attraction was the place between boys and girls hostel rooms. Unlike other colleges, this one was little liberal about timings and discipline and allowed their students to visit in hostel rooms. The two hostels were hardly away from each other and had a small cafeteria and sitting area in between where people could sit all night. Of course a security guard remained there to keep an eye but there were never a situation when things got out of control. The college had even constructed a wall there, for open painting experience. The air in there contained youthfulness, vibrance and cheerness. A place to express and exchange your thoughts.

“Hey, Ishani?” Mahira called from behind.

“Yes?” Ishani turned to see her new roommate.

“I am going for a coffee. Wanna come?”

“Sure”

As they locked the door and made their way to the canteen, Ishani felt eyes on them. They were freshers and the ragging was expected. But a senior had informed her that they did not go to extremes. A simple introduction, singing or dancing, a stupid dare; that was all they did. No one hurted to someone’s self-respect or confidence. That made her relieved a little. Beside her Mahira was playing with dupatta and keeping her eyes fixed to the ground. The first day, when Mahira greeted her in the room they were going to share for another three years, Ishani was touched by the simplicity of her. Mahira was from a notable Muslim family of Lucknow and had come here to study Arts and Painting. Her attire reflected her soft personality. Her family was not conventional and she lived in a world of liberalism, following every dream she wanted to pursue. Her family encouraged Mahira to opt for this studies and therefore, now she was walking down this college stairs with her big innocent brown eyes. Ishani felt lucky to be roommate with such a girl. They both shared same thoughts on different subjects and now were on the way of best friends.

“Have you heard that our seniors made a girl to do bharatnatyam on hip-hop song?”

“Nope.”

“Sneha said, it was a funny scene. Do you think they will rag us?”

“I am not sure but if there is no harm doing so. Then I don’t mind it.” Ishani replied as they reached the cafeteria.

They ordered latte for each of them and then sat on a bench under a Gulmohar tree. As they sipped their coffee, Ishani looked around for any signs of a ‘know-from-the-heart’ person. It was their fourth day here and she had not seen him a single time. First she had felt peaceful but now she had become anxious. After years of living with him, she had developed this habit of looking for him. If he was around, Siddhartha would make sure to pass by her. It was only to tease her. But after years of practicing, it had become a ritual.