Chapter 13.

"Again?!?" He overshadowed her as she examined the dead jellyfish.

"Yes."

"But you never touch them." With that Siddharth ran to the nearby tree and came back with a fallen branch.

"NO" Ishani screamed as he tried to touch it but found himself on the ground.

Ishani had thrown herself over Siddhartha to prevent him sticking the branch in jellyfish. When they were small, this disgusted Ishani to no end and their parents had to keep them apart so they would not start kicking each other, pulling hair and wailing in high pitch. Now the same way Ishani grabbed Siddhartha's hair.

"How many more years will you take to grow up?"

"ouch. Ishani. Sorry sorry. Ouch. I love my hair."

" You are a man. Of course you love your hair." Ishani got up and broke the branch in two, walking away towards the sea. The sun was setting down the same time and its rays filtered through Ishani's outline. Siddhartha watched as she went further, her back to him. But he could tell she was smiling, trying to keep balance through the waves. After half an hour she returned, still smiling and he was there still watching.

They had come to the famous Tithal Beach with their school friends just to relive the old times. While the others went to nearest temple, both of them stayed back. It was always like this; even after bickerings it was something that made both of them silent after coming here. They did fight but then somehow silence took over and one spilled the beans to another.

Siddhartha handed over the tea kullad to Ishani.

"They are taking long." She noted.

"Don't worry. We'll still reach in time for dinner."

"Siddhartha."

"Hmmm?"

"Do you think about future?"

"Everyone does."

"And where do see yourself?"

"Somewhere."

"Answer na."

"Look I can not answer which I don't know and I am not sure about. I can have plans for future but there is no guarantee they will work out."

"But you have surety that you might try any of them. Give them chance."

"Yes."

There was a silence as they sipped their tea.

"I am not sure about Vibhor."

Siddhartha stared at his cup, trying to hide the stomachache he felt.

"Then don't be."

"So you are saying I should break up with him?"

"Those are your words. I would say give it another thought and then decide. Be sure."

"I have been. Can't you see? We have been to gather for two years now. He has just graduated and planning to move on to Culcutta which is on the another side of country."

"He has asked you to live in with him?"

"No." Ishani's face pained a little. "It's just that I might choose to live here in Gujarat, near home and he'll be away. It'll never work out."

"How can you be sure it'll never work out. We still have another year to complete and he'll be struggling meanwhile. So you have the perfect time to test your relationship. It would be now or never."

"So you are suggesting to give it a try?"

"Nope. Just clear your head. I mean even in love aaj Kal Saif came to realize their love after years. You don't want that, do you? To chase him back in streets of Calcutta in your forties. Live the twenties girl then think about fortis, because then you'll have all your time. "

Ishani gave him the weirdest look.

"Do you know you said good words but nothing made sense. And love aaj Kal, really?" She shook her head and got up to leave. "Come on they are here."

Siddhartha smiled.

"You go. I need to capture the sunset."

He watched her going away. He did it right. In these years he knew he did the right thing when he set up Ishani with Vibhor. And even now he did the right thing. She would dwell on her future but she needed to be sure before taking further leaps and being hurt. And pain was what Siddhartha was the most worried about.

Because as he watched her walk away, he felt that pang. Happy, Reassuring, Numb and Sharp. PAIN.