Chapter 9.

Dedicated to @smiley020

People stopped in a midway of clapping, screaming or whatever they were doing. Ishani had hit hard than she intended to and the minute they heard the sound of it, everything fell in a perfect silence. They stared at her and Sid looked shocked. No, I'm just kidding. Nothing of that sort happened. Don't be too dramatic.

Ishani did slap Siddhartha or we can say tried to. Before the hand could contact cheek, Siddhartha grabbed her by waist and lifted her up. Not having another choice and still flaring at this act Ishani dug her teeth on his shoulder and bit it hard. Siddharth winced but he was used to Ishani's cat war. People hooted thinking it was just 'their' thing.

"Guddu stop bitting me. Don't be mad. You know you love my surprise."

But Ishani didn't stop. She continued to bite and punch Siddhartha until he excused himself and carried her to another room. He placed her down as soon as they reached.

"Ow. Ishani you could have killed me with your nails. And look- you left marks. Now everyone will think I've got hickey."

Ishani threw pillow at him. "Seriously, Punnu of all the things you did. How do you want me to react ?"

"Be surprised. Smile and enjoy, instead of turning into a wrestler. You should be happy for this party. You know how much planning it took and bribing the watchman to guard from professors."

"I'm happy okay."

"You don't look so."

"Of course , I don't look so. You almost got me heart-attack. I was scared that something has happened to you and in all these fighting I forgot I was turning 18." Ishani stopped. "Wait you planned that too! "

Siddhartha shrugged.

"How stupid I am." Ishani sat down on the edge of the bed.

"That you are." Sid sat beside her. They both fell in silence for a while.

"Are you angry ?" He asked.

"Of course I am mad at you for playing such a bad joke."

"But that shows you care for me." He raised his eyebrows, smiling ear-to-ear.

Ishani didn't say anything and just stared in-front.

"We should go outside. People will think we may have killed each-other." She said after a while.

"Yeah. Now they know that we actually know each-other. No more hiding."

Ishani was about to open the door when Sid stopped her.

"Guddu, Happy birthday."

"Thanks. For all that."

"Yeah. And before you leave. I've left your gift in your cupboard. Don't make face. I stole your key when you were at canteen last week. Haven't seen anything ."

"Um... Okay. Should we go ?"

"Sure."

That was the best birthday Ishani ever had. New friends, new atmosphere- cake fighting. First taste of alcohol, just a sip. She disliked beer. Laughing at Vibhor's jokes and dancing to the music she never heard before. Late at night when everybody left and they cleaned it all up, leaving no trace of the party. It was 3 am when Mahira and Ishani threw themselves on the bed.

"It was the best party I've ever been. Than again I've never been to party like this before."

"Me too."

"Did you thanked Siddhartha"

"Kind of."

"Good. He made an effort to make everything fall in place."

"Hmmm."

Waking up the next morning was the hardest part for sid. First he wasn't a morning person and second he had been working hard to make the party the most memorable thing of Ishani's life. Usually he would brush his teeth and change into something before entering the class. Today he thought he would just take a day off and went back to sleep.

On the other hand Ishani woke up with rather light mood. She chirped and hummed. And when she opened her cupboard she screamed with excitement. It was Siddhartha's gift. Nothing fancy or special.Actually It was just a teddy bear. A replica of the brown teddy bear Ishani once owned when she was 10. Then Siddhartha had performed 'some surgery to make it look all horrific. That was used for school's haunted house that year and Ishani had run after Sid with fake iron sword in hand.

"Aw... So cute." Mahira commented.

"What's in its hand ?"

There was a box which Ishani hadn't noticed. She reached for it and opened the box.

"He got you a locket ?"

"Shut up."