Chapter 13

-First Surprise-

It was in the middle of December, 9 months ever since Boruto was born and that lucky-boy has grown very well. The winter has just also just begun. The first snow flake was seen when the little blond haired boy played with his toys in the living room, also accompany by the television with kid's channel. In his age, Boruto is very talkative and always speak about everything even thought he was just blabbering. Neither Hinata nor Naruto understand what he was saying, but they enjoyed it every time he speaks. He won't stop talking unless something caught his attention.

Like one time when he saw Naruto put Kakashi's Icha-Icha novel on the coffee table near the tv then left to take a shower. The boy likes to crawl around but the area he was allowed to be around was in the living room, the room where Naruto put the interesting book was. Naruto just happened to find the book near the Hokage HQ but decided to bring it back tomorrow since he just got back from his mission. Boruto, as a curios little boy, he crawled to the table and tried to reach for it. When he managed to pull the little napkin on the table, which pulled the book too, it fell down to the floor that made him laughed.

Even though Boruto still can't read yet, Hinata was very upset about the fact that she found her son was reading that inappropriate book. She also scolded her husband for laying the book around where there was an underage baby in the house. It wasn't a heated argument but Naruto defended himself by saying he was tired and he didn't notice it. Hinata wasn't happy with the answer and didn't talk to him for the whole day. Now he noted what was the problem, he apologized to his wife for being irresponsible right away. But, of course, he still blamed his sensei for having that book to begin with.

Two months ago, Boruto was incredibly happy to celebrate his father's birthday in October. Naruto was also happy that he finally can have a birthday cake with his son for the first time. Even though they didn't invite anyone to their house to celebrate his birthday, the blond haired lad was sure elated that he can celebrate his birthday with his little family. And that night Naruto and Hinata may or may not get into each other's arms on that bed. It was the best birthday gift for the Jinchuuriki lad.

Now, Boruto is playing with some toys that his father bought for him before he was born. Having him finally able to play with them made Naruto very happy, made him also think that his job as a good father is done. As the little blond haired lad shook the rattle wooden toy in his grip, he giggled by the sound. That toy seemed to be his favorite one since he always looked for it even when there are others that are cooler than that. Hinata was sewing a scarf near him so she can check on him every second but her attention is mostly at the scarf since Boruto was so busy with his toys.

The cold weather has just started on that mid December. Naruto just happened to be in a mission and supposed to be home late at night, but he might came home early if he took the job seriously. Hinata was startled when she heard Boruto squealing rather loudly because his toys went off flying and land rather far. She was grateful of how thoughtful her husband is, that he put a baby fence around the living room so Boruto wouldn't crawl to the kitchen or the front door. Their back yard still has a slide door so it is safe for their son to be around.

As Hinata put the unfinished scarf down on the table, she sighed before drank her warm tea before glanced at the white snow outside their house. She smiled before turning back to her son who's crawling to get the toy he threw earlier. She say, "Boruto, there's a snow outside. Would you like to go outside with kaa-chan?"

She stood up before picked Boruto up. He smiled at his mother before saying something in gibberish made Hinata giggled. Good thing that Hinata is wearing her jacket and her usual warm clothes and Boruto also happened to wear some warm clothes as well. His clothes was a gift from Sakura and it fits on his son. It is also comfortable to sleep in for him. With Boruto on her hip, Hinata slid open the back yard door which the cold weather was the face thing they've faced. Not soon after, Boruto sneezed because there was a snow landed on his nose.