Chapter 5

-Future husband and wife-

Winter has just begun. The shiny and warm feeling was replaced with a new cold and dry weather. People are wearing thick jackets or double sweaters in order to keep themselves warm. But there are some other people who drank alcohol at noon so they can make themselves warmer in this cold month of the year. If you don't know, it is also the right time to have a nice date with your significant other. There are multiple ways you can impress them during winter. Why? Because it's their favorite season so far.

A single drop of snow was seen on that very early morning. People woke up with white snow all over their places. Kids screamed in happiness as they jump on a top of the soft snow, laughing as well when their pets followed them. But that morning was different for the lonely boy in the village. After he had a nice warm morning shower, he put on a long sleeves t-shirt and had himself a ramen for breakfast. While waiting for the water to boil, he wanted to find a scarf that could warm him up more than the hot shower and his shirt.

When he walked in his bedroom, he started to shovel his cupboard and found a familiar ripped red scarf. His eyes widen before pulled the fragile thing out from his cupboard and observed it. Then it hit him, this was a gift he got from Hinata. A gift that couldn't be finished easily, it needs more time and more feelings to do it. He frowned as he see the piece of damaged scarf. It's a shame that it was left like this. If Hinata give him this that night, then maybe he'd wear it until now.

He gripped on a thing tighter as he realized how stupid he is. He doesn't remember of putting this special gift in his cupboard, he knew he put it in a special box under his bed along with his mother's handmade scarf for him. He glanced under his bed and saw the box is still there, then how come this scarf is in here? he saw his neatly folded mission jacket and pants in there, remembered he wore them a week ago and didn't think that the ripped red scarf was in his pockets this entire time.

In the kitchen, he hears the boiler is boiling. He put the scarf in his pocket, thinking he would stop by at Hinata's house and talk about this. Then, he walked to where his ramen is and started eating. Not long enough, he finished his breakfast and decided to look at the white snow in the village. He put on his orange jacket and walked out from his house to the bright white snow.

He hears children laughter when he walked out from where he was, then smiling at them who had fun playing with snow. It must be a nice time to play snow fight with their friends. Well, that is true though. Naruto remembered when he was younger, he used to play snow fights with Shikamaru and Chouji. He didn't understand why people hated him that day, but those two boys don't care. They just played snow all day long until one of them catch a cold and had to stay indoors for a week. Naruto was very young and was clueless with his health so the Third Hokage had to stay with him as well to make sure that Naruto will be alright.

But today is different, he grew up to be a man and he isn't clueless with his healthy like he used to. He developed his knowledge and always make sure for himself that he won't take it for granted. As he walked further to the main village, he suddenly saw his familiar friend who's petting his dog on the bench. He smiled before approached the brown haired lad.

"Oi! Kiba!" Naruto called as he jogged to his direction.

The dog owner turned to Naruto before grinning. "It's rare to see you this early, Naruto,"

"I can say that to yourself, dattebayo," Naruto grinned before petting Akamaru. "Ohayou, Akamaru,"

The dog barked made Naruto chuckled before he ask, "so, what are you up to, dattebayo?"

"Akamaru and I was thinking that we could train today, but the snow is too heavy so we might delay our training. What about you?" Kiba asked.

Naruto smiled. "I was just walking around, dattebayo. I wanted to stop by at Hinata's but she may be busy so I'll go to her later,"