Chapter-20

"But I really want to know the reason. Why did you make your wound worse?" He asked and I frowned.

"I was angry"

"Why?"

Because of my sill thoughts about soulmates!

"You don't need to know. Now please... just go, I can take care of my wound"

"But... you should atleast use a band-aid"

"Please, Lucas..." I pleaded. "I don't wan to be rude with you. Just go..." 

"Fine" He whispered and looked at me disappointed. The n he slowly turned around and moved out of my room.

Thank God!

I watched him go. He turned slightly and glanced at me. I quickly looked away from him and when I looked back after a moment, he was gone.

At night, I was feeling really upset and a bit scared. I hugged my favorite stuffed toy and tried to sleep.

Next morning, when I woke up, I felt someone holding my hand. I wiped my eyes and looked in the direction to see... Lucas!

"What the Hell!" I screamed. Lucas woke up with because of my voice. He was sleeping on a chair next to my bed, holding my hand. 

"Why are you here?" I asked, still surprised. 

He looked at me as he rubbed his eyes. "You don't remember?" He whispered. 

What? Remember what?

"What... do you mean?" I asked nervously.

He sighed, I think... you don't remember anything.

My heart was pounding. What the hell was I supposed to remember?

"Remember what?" I asked furiously. "What happened? Tell me!" I screamed.

"Calm down, Alexia... I'll tell you"

"Then do it... quick!"

He took a deep breath, "Last night... I woke up to and heard you shouting"

"Shouting?"

Shit!

"Yes, you were shouting. I was worried so I came in to check on you. I saw that you were shouting in your sleep. Probably you were having a nightmare"

I thought for a moment and remembered that I really was having a nightmare. It was about him, about my high school time, about all those bad memories, as usual.

God! 

"I sat near you and tried to calm you down. Suddenly you opened your eyes"

I tried to remember all the things he was saying, but in vain. I was not able to remember anything. 

"Then..." He continued. "You told me to stay my your side and not leave you. You held my hand. I... I promised that I would not go anywhere. After that you slept. I did not want to break my promise., that's why... I'm here" He said explaining.

My eyes shook up to meet his. I was not able to believe him. How could I've possibly said that? I was really puzzled.

"Alexia... I know you will not believe me but... I swear, this is the truth"  

I tried to remember everything again, and I remembered a bit of whatever he was saying. I was pretty sure, everything that he was saying was not entirely a lie. But why would I ask him to stay? Probably, I was in the influence of that nightmare, of the days when I... loved him. 

I took a deep breath trying to digest all the things.