TEN

I woke up slowly, my eyes fluttering open only to see a mess of black hair falling over a Godly face.
Literally, I supposed.
My heart seemed to skip at the sight of him, and the events of the night before were hazy. However, I remembered Loki stopping me from kissing him.
Was that what I wanted to do? Or had it just been my drunken state? I let my eyes roam over Loki's face, then down his clothed torso to wear the blanket covered my view if the rest of him. I gently brushed the hair from his face, and he stirred slightly before returning to his steady breathing.
Upon seeing his gorgeous features, I realized that I did have at least a small crush on the God. Perhaps I did want to kiss him. Maybe it was the best way to figure out if we should have even tried to have something.
I wanted to kiss him then, but he was sleeping and common sense was one of my strong suits. So instead I got out of the bed and fled from the room silently.

I had managed to avoid Loki for nearly the entire day, but eventually he found me tucked deep into the library. He slowly sat next to me and simply opened the book in his hands.
My face flushed, but we sat in silence. I couldn't actually focus on reading. Loki sitting next to me had my thoughts running wild. I had the urge to grab his face and kiss him, but I was too nervous.
"Little Cain, what's on your mind?" Loki whispered in the silence. I let out a shaky sigh.
"You are, Loki," I admitted.
"Why?"
"The other day, you said that time may move differently here," I changed the subject, "so what does that mean? Is-- is it really possible that it's been thousands of years on Earth?" I asked, fidgeting. Loki gave me a knowing look and sighed.
"Sometimes I forget you're from Midgard," he muttered, "I honestly have no idea what time is like here. We were thrown from the bifrost, really it's lucky we managed to keep a hold on each other." He confessed, shrugging.
"I miss Thor."
"I know, Little Cain."

"You can't do that!" I exclaimed, laughing. Loki rolled his eyes, a smile on his face.
"Why not?" He pouted, moving his piece back.
"It's against the rules," I insisted.
"Why do we always have to follow the rules? Let's make our own rules, for once." Loki leaned in and grinned mischievously, and I remembered that was who he was. Mischief. And I wanted it.
"Okay, let's do it," I nodded, my face flushed, leaning in a tad closer. We were close and excited and the slightest twitch could have made things awkward, but instead of a twitch Loki skipped the small steps and leaned in quickly, connecting his lips with mine.
I had waited for it for what felt like so long. However, by the time his lips parted from mine, I had been so caught up I didn't even remember what it felt like.
I panicked as I realized it, and before he could get far I pulled him back in.
This time, I paid attention. I let myself feel it from my head through the out of my belly and into my toes.
It felt right, and it made me excited. It was fun and passionate and it felt like he actually wanted it. I let him part us for real the second time. We both took shaky breaths. And I eventually got the courage to look up. His face was red and he was looking at me.
Softness, fear, hope, and passion.
"Give me a chance, please," Loki immediately whispered, resting his hand on my cheek. I swallowed the lump in my throat and, for the first time, let my heart take over.
"Okay," I whispered, nodding, and watched his face light up, "one chance, Loki," I insisted quietly, and he shook his head.
"Cain, I won't let you down." He leaned in again, and gave me a short, soft kiss before springing off of the bed.
We kept it as casual as possible. Not much changed besides him randomly kissing me every so often the last few days, which I didn't necessarily mind. Taking things slow was perfect for me, and I had already felt like things had happened fast.
"Cain, dear," Loki called me to him. I stood from my spot and walked over toward wear he sat, speaking animatedly with others. I sat next to him and his arm immediately moved around my waist, pulling me closer into his side.
"This is Cain," Loki introduced, "Cain, love, this is Faar and Priyar." I waved politely at the two aliens in for the of me.
"It's nice to meet you both," I smiled, looking up at Loki. He grinned down at me for a moment before turning back to his company.
"Cain here is quite the shy Little One, aren't you dear?" Loki teased, making me scowl and blush as the others laughed.
"I kid, my dear," he surrendered, his expression actually concerned as he saw my flushed face.
I rolled my eyes playfully and waved it away, making him relax and grin again. I watched as he spoke with the others, seemingly comfortable with a drink in one hand and me in the other. I grimaced at the thought.
"Loki, Cain!" A voice called, and my heart dropped at the sound. It was like slow motion as Loki and I turned toward where the Grand Master stood. My stomach flipped at the sight of my best friend, the God of Thunder, looking toward us.