Chapter twenty: moon kisses the earth

Heather McNamara's POV:

I looked at myself at the mirror to see how my outfit looked on me. I wore a short, yellow dress with white high heels. My hair was curled and falling over my shoulder. My make up was very decent as always. First I wanted to try red lipstick but then it reminded me too much of Chandler and I choose to wear a simple, pink one. I had no idea why I took so much and effort into looking fine.... It was just Ronnie but somehow I was so nervous that my hands got very sweaty.

What was she to me and what was I to her? Were we supposed to be together? Was I even able to be in a releationship with her after everything with Chandler? I didn't know and being so clueless about all of this was making me so worried about this date than I've ever been. While I was thinking, I looked at my soft skin... The scares I made were almost healed but still visible. They were so disgusting... I was disgusting... Ronnie deserved better... Someone, who wasn't so dirty and damaged from Chandler.

Ronnie was an angel and she actually was too good for everyone. But everyone was a better choice for her than me. It was egotistical from me to agree to this date... Maybe I should call her and blow everything off... But then I realized, it was too late. The doorbell rang and I sighed. I ran up the stairs very fast so my Mom wouldn't open the door and embarass me. I made it just in time and opened the door seeing Ronnie smiling brightly at me. I blushed and smiled back.

Then I noticed that she was checking me out from up and down. Her mouth opened brightly. "Wow you look so..... Good tonight...", she stuttered out very shy and I had to giggle. She looked very beautiful as well. She wore a blue blazer with a white shirt and black pants. Her hair was straight and her make up was even more decent than mine... Well Ronnie never needed make up to look beautiful...

"So are you ready to go?", she asked and offered me her hand. I blushed again and no matter how bad I thought about myself, I couldn't bring myself to tell her to stop the date. I wanted to spend time with her so much that my mind completely ignored all my doubts. So without even thinking about it, I took her hand and she guided me to her car. It was old and rusty, which was a nice contrast to Chandler's big, red Porsche. But I loved it that Ronnie wasn't spoiled like her. It made her seem more real and actually nicer. I liked her for who she was and her not being rich like Chandler or me was making me like her even more. No worries about the family's reputation or alliance.... I wished my life wouldn't be so complicated...

She started the engine and drove me to a unknown place. She refused to tell me what place it was and I usually would feel scared about it but Ronnie was the only person in this entire, sick world I trusted. The car ride was very silent. I could tell that she was very nervous about this date as well. Could it really be that she liked me more than a friend? Could the most amazing person I've ever met really like a damaged person like me? It was killing me to be so unsure about her feelings towards me but I also knew that I would be too shy to ask her about it.

Then we finally reached the place and this awkward car ride was over. We got out from the car and Ronnie had a bag with her. "We aren't there yet. We need to walk a little.", she told me and took my hand. This place looked like a small forest but it was very lonely here. No one was there just Ronnie and me. Ronnie guided me to a small mountain and I immidiately regret it that I wore heels. "God Ronnie if you had told me about climbing a mountain, I would've decided to wear different shoes.", I told her and she laughed. "I'm so sorry sunshine but I really wanted it to be a suprise. I've never shown this place to anyone. I always come here when I wanted to be alone so sharing it with someone else wasn't an option but then I met you and I had the urge to show it to you and only you.", she told me and I blushed.

The rest of the walk was silent until we finally reached the top of the mountain. My feet felt like they were 500 years old because of the heels. Then Ronnie opened her back and put a blanket on the gras for us to sit down. As soon as I sat down and stopped whining about my feet I actually understood why this place was special to Ronnie.

The sky was shining brightly and the full moon was giving us so much light that the flowers were shimmering and looking like pure silver diamonds. It felt like the moon was kissing the earth. "Wow....", I breathed out. "Yeah...", Ronnie replied but she wasn't looking at the sky, she was looking at me. Should I actually ask her? Was I even brave enough? Or should I wait until Ronnie brought this topic up? I mean she invited me so...

"You know with the silver light from the moon in your blonde locks, it looks like you're an angel, who just got called back to heaven.", Ronnie told me and gently stroke my cheek. I blushed even more and she giggled. I couldn't bare this tension any longer... I wanted to hold myself back but I couldn't anymore. "Ronnie what am I to you?", I suddenly asked but I immidiately realized that I actually didn't mean to ask it.

Ronnie's eyes widened and she looked away from me to the sky. "Well I knew I would have to tell you sooner or later... I always thought you were special even before I joined the Heathers but I never actually knew why. When I became friends with you I started to realize it even more but I didn't want to accept it. Chandler was already mocking me enough and I didn't want to give her more material. But since the day you tried to commit suicide... I just had to accept it. You are so special to me because you are the first person, I ever felt this way. I wanted to have these feelings for J.D. so bad but it wasn't possible. I was constanly thinking about you.... I had to accept the fact that I loved you. I love you Heather McNamara... Even more than a friend...", she confessed and started sobbing.

Tears were developing in my eyes as well. No one ever said such sweet words to me... And the fact that these words came from Ronnie, made me feel like the happiest person in the world, which I thought I could never be. I gently stroke her cheek and she looked right into my eyes very amazed. "Please don't cry. I don't want to be the reason why you cry... You deserve all the happiness in the world Veronica Sawyer.", I told her and gently grabbed her face to pull her closer to mine.

There was only a small gab between our lips and she was the one, who closed it. Her lips gently touched mine and my body was about to explode. Her kiss felt like a huge firework. She licked my bottom lip asking for entrance and I opened my mouth so her tongue could explore everything I had. Her kiss was very sweet and gently unlike Chandler's kisses, which were rough and forceful. I noticed that she moaned quietly while she was stroking my tongue with hers. But soon I realized that she wanted more. She was gently pushing me down so she could press her body against mine. Then she started to kiss down my neck very gently. "Oh sunshine...", she breathed out during the kisses but then I realized what I was doing!

I didn't want that to happen! She deserved someone better than me and I couldn't have anything going on with her because I was scared that it could remind me of Chandler. All of my sexual experiences were with her and I would give everything to forget about it but I couldn't. I felt disgusting and unworthy.... And after she started to put her hand under my dress, I just couldn't take it anymore. I immidiately pushed her away and my body shivered horribly.

She looked at my very suprised and sad. I looked at her very shocked, shocked about myself. What did I do? I ruined everything! "I'm so sorry Ronnie.... I just can't...", I stuttered out but she immidiately nodded understanding. "It's okay. After all the things Chandler did to you it's normal to be scared. You just need some time to heal. I will wait.", she told me and stroke my hair but I shook my head. "No Ronnie don't wait for me! I'm not worth it. You deserve someone better than me.", I cried out and tried to hide my tears. But it was useless to try to fool Ronnie. She took me in her arms and holded me very tight.

"Shhh don't feel so bad about yourself. I want you and no one else. So if you think I deserve the best then let me have you.", Ronnie said and I closed my eyes. "I love you Veronica Sawyer....", I sobbed out and melt in her arms while she kissed my head.

_______________________________________

Hey guys, I hope you liked it. Sunshine and Ronnie finally kissed but will Chandler and J.D give up? Also if you liked this chapter then please show me your love for this story by voting! Have a nice day! Xoxo