Chapter twelve: my sunshine

Heather McNamara's POV:

Chandler was currently driving us to her home and I still didn't had the courage to tell her that I couldn't spend time with her today... I really wanted to finally talk to Ronnie about it but I was just too insecure. Chandler wouldn't just let me go without me having a good reason but nothing came into my head I could say to her.

"Can we get our nails done today? Mine look disgusting and yours are even worse Heather.", Duke spat out towards me. Well... Heather Duke... Charming as always. Situations like this always reminded me of why I never wanted to talk to her about the Chandler issue.

"Shut up Heather, Heather's nails look amazing and yours won't get any more beautiful the more paint you put on them.", Chandler replied and Duke immidiately looked down and blushed ashamed. It was clear that Chandler was playing favourites with us but there was no way Duke could ever become her favourite no matter how much she kissed her ass. Chandler wanted me romantically because she liked that I was weak and vulnerable. And this character trait wasn't in Duke. She was vulnerable but not weak. As soon as Chandler would let her, she would become the Queen Bee of this school, while I could never take this place and that was why Chandler was so fascinated with me.

I wanted to be popular but not the HBIC so she had nothing to fear towards me. That was why she would always do what she wanted to me. She knew I would be too weak and too scared to say something. But I couldn't let it happen today. I needed to find a way out of this meet up so I could see Ronnie...

"Heather I don't feel like meeting up today. Could you drive me home?", I asked her very shy. Chandler's eyes widened and I could see her angry glare through the mirror of her car. But her expression immidiately changed into her sweet one. She couldn't get angry with me infront of Duke. That would be too suspicious.

"Aww but why? We always meet up...", she asked in her fake, caring voice. I slowly sighed and calmed down since my heart was pounting very fast. "That's the point. I just need some time to rest. I had gym and right after it cheerleader practice today. I just want to go home and lay in my bed alone. Please just for today.", I begged her and made my innocent doe eyes, which always made her melt.

"Ugh fine. But really just for today. Tomorrow you will spend the whole day with me... I mean with us.", Chandler said and I nodded. At least she was understanding in this situation... She must've had a good day otherwise she wouldn't give in to my wish.

She quickly drove me home and I ran into my room very fast to prepare everything for Ronnie. I could finally talk to someone I truly trust about it...

Veronica's POV:

I rang the doorbell to little sunshine's house right at the time we agreed on. I was worried that she didn't get away from her meet up with the Heathers since I knew how strict Chandler was but I didn't had to. Heather opened the door and gave me a warm smile. Her smile was so charming I immidiately had to smile as well.

She lead me to her room but her mother stopped us for a second. "Veronica! Nice to see you again. Should I bring you some snacks?", she asked us but Heather shook her head. "We are good Mom. We need to discuss something important and want to be alone. It is something for school.", She said and her mother nodded understanding.

Then we finally got into her room. "Your mother is very nice... Why didn't you tell her the things you want to tell me? Why do you lie to her?", I asked her and tears were developing in her eyes. Shit. The last thing I wanted was to make her cry... "I never told my parents because it was too embarassing for me... They are good friends with Chandler's parents and telling them there is something going on with a girl whose parents are good friends and have so much money and influence seems hopeless.", she explained to me and I nodded.

I walked closer to her and stroke her shoulder gently. I noticed bruises on her arm... Oh my god... Did she hurt herself?! "Heather please tell me what's going on with Chandler. Why do you want to get out of her candy store?", I asked her and raised my eyebrow.

She sighed and closed her eyes for a second. It was very hard for her to come out with this... She must've holded everything back for a long amount of time... But then she finally opened her eyes and looked right into mine. "You know that there is something going on romantically between me and her right?", she asked and I nodded. Well that was the reason why I had the oppertunity to join them. The only reason I didn't tell anyone after everything Chandler did to me was because I would harm sunshine as well and I could never bring it over my heart.

"Well... The things Chandler does to me aren't consentual. She forces herself on me for two years now and I don't have any chance to get out. No one would believe me because she is a girl and she would destroy me. I could never handle her as my enemy you know what kind of a demon she is...", she finally explained to me. I saw relief in her eyes but also sadness as well. She bursted out into tears while she talked and my eyes widened in shock.

"Oh my god... Well I always thought that you were uncomfortable with her groping you but never realized how intense it was... Did she ever... Rape you?", I asked her very careful but she shook her head. "Never but she wants to have sex. Who knows how long she will wait.", she told me and cried even more. I didn't know what to do...

She was right about no one believing her. I only did because she was my friend and truly miserable and because I knew how much of a beast Chandler was. But the police would never believe it. They would believe it, if she would accuse Kurt Kelly for harassing her for example simply because it fits with his bahaviour and of course because he was a boy. No one expected a girl especially a girl like Chandler to do something like this...  Plus she didn't want Chandler to destroy her... I could relate. I didn't want it either but of course I failed.

But there was one thing I could do... I could be there for her and protect her from Chandler. Maybe I even could make her gain enough confidence to stand up towards her...

"Heather... Your bruises... Did Chandler do this to you?", I asked her. She looked up at me and cried even more. "Not the ones on my arms. She always makes them on places, where most people don't see it. The ones on my arms were from me after everytime she touched me.", she explained and leaned her head inside my neck...

I carefully put my arm around her. I made sure that I was gentle as if she was made out of porcelain. "Don't worry sunshine, I will protect you from now on.", I told her against her hair. She looked up at me suprised. "Sunshine?", she giggled. Well at least I made her smile... "Yes. You're my little sunshine.", I told her and pulled her closer to me...

_______________________________________

Hey guys, I hope you liked it. Heather finally told Veronica but will they be able to fight Chandler? Also if you liked this chapter then please show me your love for this story by voting! Have a nice day! Xoxo