Chapter 6: Poison

(No ones POV)

The kingdom of Mewni was in a state of emergency. This epidemic was spreading faster than anticipated and was already seriously affecting some of the citizens of the kingdom. Being one of the victims of this disease the sorcerer Adam. His son, (y/n), has decided to resort to any means necessary to find a cure for this epidemic. One of (y/n)'s methods of finding a cure was to take blood samples from some of the citizens and compare them with the animals around the kingdom. For some reason, the animals are not affected by this epidemic while Mewni's monsters can get infected with it. It has already been tried to use magic to cure this disease but without a good result...

Right now, (y/n) was in his father's room while wearing a strange mask and a black coat to avoid catching the epidemic.

Adam was coughing a lot while covering his mouth. (y/n) couldn't help but feel a horrible sadness and depression because of his father current state. 

Adam: Do you have to wear that? You look like you want to kill someone instead of helping-

Adam was coughing while laughing at the same time.

(y/n): This suit keeps me protected from the disease... But I'm afraid this is just a temporary solution. Anyway, how did you get sick?

Adam: Just like you, I was trying to find a cure for this disease.

Adam once again started to cough violently.

Adam: But I think it's a bit obvious how things turned out.

(y/n): I'm sorry father...

Adam: Is not your fault, (y/n). I just wanted to make your job easier for you. But in the end, I just end up leaving all the responsibility on your shoulders.

(y/n): Don't worry, dad! I promise you that I will find a cure and that I will save the kingdom!

Adam: I know you will... After all, you are smarter than me.

...

...

...

(y/n): You really must be sick to say something like that.

Adam: What the- I was trying to be a good father and I thought we were sharing a moment! Uuugh! Just leave! You are going to kill me before this stupid illness!

That could have seemed somewhat cruel. But deep down, (y/n) knew that his father was holding back the urge to laugh. That was a very strange way of humor that they two shared. 

(y/n) left his father's room and started walking through the halls of the castle to his laboratory assigned by the queen. Once there, (y/n) removed the mask from his face and placed it on the table. (y/n) let out a sigh while using his hand to support the weight of his head. Right now, (y/n) didn't know what was hurting him the most. Could it be the fact that he could not find a cure? Could it be the fact that his father contracted the epidemic and he could die? Could it be the pressure that everyone needs his help?