Goodwill is Better than Ikea. End of Discussion.

Brynn's POV:

        Waking up the next morning, I found myself smushed in between the Way brothers, whilst Alicia just sort of sat and stared at nothing.

"Leesh? Little help?" I called, trying not to wake the boys.

"FINALLY. You're awake. I was beginning to get lonely. Also, why were you cuddling with my boyfriend?" She asked, chuckling.

"I literally have no idea how this happened." I said, realizing that Alicia wasn't going to help me and just shoving Mikey off of me. "What are you doing up this early, anyway?" I asked, glancing at the clock. It was only five in the morning, and Alicia usually was the last one awake if it wasn't one of the boys.

"Just have a lot on my mind, I guess." She said, looking down and playing with her fingers.

"Is something bothering you? What's wrong?" I knew perfectly well what was wrong. I mean, no one just gets over their parent's death that easily. We had all been trying to get her to talk about it since it happened, but she wouldn't say a word. She would just wave it off or change the subject, and it was really starting to worry me. She was one of my best friends, after all.

"I-I had a nightmare. About my parents." She said finally, and I almost sighed in relief when she mentioned her parents for the first time since the fire. It wasn't good to keep all of her emotions locked up like that. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. She simply shook her head.

"Not specifically about the nightmare. But.. I guess... I guess it would be nice to share my feelings with someone. I can tell you're all worried about me." 

"Say whatever you need to, Alicia. I won't talk unless you want me to." I said, scooting closer to her and sitting crossed legged. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders as she began to sniffle.

And that was all it took. She poured out every detail of whatever she had been feeling for the past few weeks to me. She rambled on and on, and I didn't interrupt her once. I knew that she needed this, that she needed someone to listen to her. Hell, I needed someone to listen to me about my own father. I guess I was being a hypocrite, in a way. Telling her that she shouldn't be bottling her emotions when I had been doing just that since I was seven. I had only opened up to Gerard once, and I hadn't even told him everything. I didn't tell him about the nightmares I had, or about my extreme fear that one day he would leave me, just like everyone else had. I didn't tell him about the nights that I just sat in the kitchen, a mug full of coffee, thinking, crying, wanting to scream, until eventually my coffee got cold and I dumped it down the drain and decided to try to go back to sleep. I never told anyone about that, because I didn't think they'd want to know, let alone care. I wasn't some sob story, I was human. But that didn't mean that I didn't sometimes wish that I could just scream and cry and tell the whole world what was wrong with me. I just felt it better not to burden anyone with my problems, because there are people around me who have it worse, and I have no right to be sad about anything that had happened to me in my past. I wasn't starving, I wasn't dying of some unknown disease, I was just a stupid teenage girl feeling sorry for herself when she had absolutely nothing to be upset about. I was selfish. 

Once Alicia was done pouring her soul out to me, she laughed and wiped her eyes.

"I'm so lame. I'm sorry I woke you up." She said.

"Don't worry, you didn't. I'm glad I woke up when I did."

"Brynn, could you do me a favor and not tell Mikey about this? I don't want to worry him."

"I think he'd want to know, Leesh." I said. 

"I know, and I'll tell him. I just don't want to bother him right now." 

I sighed. "Alright, I won't tell him." I said. "Now, what do you want to do until the boys wake up?"

"Let's make waffles or something, I think it'd be nice for the boys to wake up to breakfast." She said with a smile.

"Sure, that sounds like a great idea."

###

About an hour later, the boys were up and breakfast was finished. We had made waffles, home fries, and fresh squeezed orange juice. I knew the boys would like it. 

"Mmmmm... Something smells awesome." Gerard said sleepily, yawning as he walked into the kitchen. He saw the food on the table and grinned at me, dashing over to me and crushing me in a hug.

"Hey, Mikes!" He called, still holding me in his arms, "Were you aware that we have the best girlfriends in the world?" He said, putting emphasis on 'world'. 

Mikey came in then, looking at Gerard and shaking his head.

"Nah, Gee. I don't think we have the best girlfriends in the world." He said.

"Hey! That's mean!" I said, feigning hurt while Alicia pouted. Mikey smiled and walked over to her, tilting her chin up with his hand.

"I think we have the best girlfriends in the universe." He said, giving Alicia a chaste kiss on her lips. I 'awww'd' at them and turned around in Gerard's arms so he had them around my waist. I rested my hands on his where his fingers drew shapes on my tummy and he kissed my shoulder.

Alicia pulled away from her kiss and put a hand on Mikey's chest. "Alright, enough with this lovey dovey stuff. Let's eat!" She said.

And we ate until we exploded. Not literally, of course.

###

"So, what are we gonna do the rest of the day?" Gerard questioned when we were all done eating.

"As boring as it is, I think that we should all go job hunting. I can't keep sleeping on the floor." I replied. 

"But I don't wanna!" Gee whined, burying his face in my shoulder. I pet his head and laughed at him.  He's like a kid, I swear. 

"Well, it's not like we need 'top of the line' furniture. Why don't we go yard sale-ing or something?"  Mikey suggested. 

"Is there even any happening today? I didn't see anything in the paper." Alicia replied, flipping through the newspaper.

"We could always go to Goodwill." I said.

"I second that!" Gerard said, raising his hand and looking relieved that he wouldn't have to get a job today, 

"Alright. Goodwill it is, then."

###

We arrived at Goodwill and immediately ran inside, looking for anything that might look good in our house.

We found an extremely comfy couch for only thirty dollars, and two beds and two matresses for only twenty dollars each. After that, we tried finding other essentials, such as a CD player and other things like that. We found a vinyl player along with some really awesome records, and even a new dining room table. We decided that we would just borrow Alicia's old TV for now, and that we would get better ones when we had enough money. 

Once we got home, we set everything up and watched a few movies before inviting everyone over as sort of a "house-warming" party. At the end of the night, we were all more than happy to actually sleep in a bed. 

_____________<3

Hiya! 

I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever and that this chapter sucked, I will start updating more frequently, I hope.

You guys are awesome, though! 

Vote, comment, all that good stuff.

I love you!

-xocrash