Chapter 3:This Isn't my House

Brynn's POV:

I woke up to someone pressing something cold on my stomach. My eyes felt heavy and swollen and I could barely open them. My head was killing me and my throat felt like I just swallowed an entire desert. I struggled to open my eyes and once I finally did the first thing I noticed was:

This isn't my house...

My mind returned to the cold pressing on my stomach and I looked down to see a hand dabbing at my cuts with a cold wash cloth. I followed the arm up and saw the boy from the alley. What the actual hell? How did I get here? Then I remembered what happened earlier and figured he must've brought me here. Suddenly, the boy looked up.

"Oh, good. You're up." The boy said friendily. "How're you feeling?"

"Like I just went to hell and back." I replied. He laughed.

"Yeah, you look it too." He said.

"I bet." I said leaning my head back and covering my face with my hands. I noticed that the cut on my forehead was covered up by a bandage.

"I'll be right back." The boy said after I felt the dabbing stop. He returned a minute later with a brown bottle and a paper towel. Rubbing alchohol. Great.

"This might sting." The boy said. He pressed the towel to the top of the bottle, flipping it over quickly so as to cover a part of it with the alchohol. He pressed it to one of my cuts. I hissed as the chemicals in the alchohol reached my open flesh. He gave me an apologetic look before resuming to clean my cuts. After about ten minutes of unbearable pain he wrapped a bandage around my torso and put the supplies away in the bathroom. While he was putting the stuff away I decided to take in my surroundings. This was definitely his room, drawings covered the walls along with some band posters which I ADORED. Iron Maiden and Smashing Pumpkins were among the posters and I smiled. The boy came back in after a loud crash and a lot of cussing.

"What happened?" I asked whilst giggling.

"Oh nothing. The whole of the medicine cabinet just decided to attack me." The boy said. I couldn't contain my laughter after that. It wasn't just what he said but the fact that he said it with a completely straight face. My cuts didn't seem to hurt anymore so it was easier to laugh than it would have been an hour ago.

"I'm Gerard by the way." The boy-Gerard-said after he sat on the end of the bed. He held out his hand to shake and I took it. "Gerard Way."

"Brynn Fletcher." I said smiling.

"Pleasure to meet you." He said, letting go of my hand, "So..."

"So..." I said mocking him.

"What happened?" Gerard asked. I sighed and looked down at my hands.

"My dad." I said finally.

"What? Your dad did this to you?" Gerard said, flabbergasted (score 1 for big words!) I nodded.

"Yeah. This wasn't the first time either." I don't know why I was opening up so much to this boy, I had only just met him. But, strangely enough, I felt like I could tell him anything.

"Brynn," Gerard finally said after a minute of silence, "That's... not okay."

"Yeah, I know." I said. I didn't want to listen to his words. I had heard it all before. How I should call the cops on my father and how I should move out and pretend he never existed. But I never cared, I still love my father. I mean, he's my father. Even if he does hit me and... rape... me... he's all I had left after my mom died in that shooting when I was five. After she had died my dad started drinking and pretty soon he started beating me and testing his sexuality and believe me when I say it wasn't fun... but he was all I had.

"Have you done anything about it?" Gerard asked, I shook my head.

"Why the hell not?" He asked again.

"Because I didn't want to." I replied, still looking down at my hands.

"Brynn..." Gerard said, "I don't think you understand how serious this is."

"Of course I do." I said.

"Then why haven't you done anything about it?" Gerard said. Suprisingly, he was staying calm through this whole endeavor. And even more suprisingly, so was I.

"I've just always thought of it as normal." I said, and I had. I had lived so long with this abusive father that it was hard to think of him treating me any different.

"You think your father hitting you is normal? Think about this Brynn, does this happen to other girls? Do you see this happening on TV shows and movies? No. It doesn't. No one should have to go through this, Brynn. You have to tell the police." Gerard said. And I realized...

He was right.

This doesn't happen to other girls. To... normal girls. Their fathers take care of them and do what fathers should. They listen to them and comfort them and get them gifts on their birthday and on christmas. I hadn't been given a Christmas or a Birthday present since I was 6 years old. In fact, I hadn't been given a present at all aside from my best friend, Faith, getting me things on my birthday and Christmas. I had always felt bad because I never had money to give her anything back. Normal fathers laugh at their daughters jokes and listen to their problems and share things with their daughters.

Normal fathers love their daughters.

Tears started to burn at the corners of my eyes as I thought about all of this and before I knew it I was full on sobbing. Gerard sat next to me and held me in his arms. Comforting me and saying soothing things in my ear as he rocked me back and forth slowly. After a little while my sobs finally died down and Gerard looked at me.

"You ready to call the police now?" He asked, taking my hand in his. I nodded my head yes and he got up, but not before kissing my forehead.

"Everything's gonna be okay, sugar." He said. My stomach did little flips as he called me sugar. He walked away and came back a moment later with a phone in his hand.

"Here goes nothing." I said and dialled the number.

Boy, did I have a story to tell.

____________________________

Hola brochachos!

I hope you liked this chapter, I promise more uplifting ones are coming in the future I just need to develop the story a bit and have some drama.

So... I don't have much to say...

Comment, fan, follow, vote, add...

Get me a mountain dew?

I feel like being hyper.

Love you all!

-Cara<3