22

I woke up with a uneasy feeling in my chest. Like the feeling you get in the stomach the night before 12 kick yo door in. It's a hood thing, it's like you just know some fuck shit finna happen.

I opened my eyes all the way to see Niya already up and scrolling on her phone. I was laying with my head on one titty and my hand in her shirt cupping the other one.

She looked down at me and smiled before kissing my forehead.

"Goodmorning" She said softly

You can tell she just woke up by her voice. She be sounding like a baby when she first wake up.

"Goodmorning baby" I said lifting up about to kiss her but she covered her mouth making me scrunch my face up

"I haven't brushed my teeth yet" she said with her hand still over her mouth

"Ian worried bout allat" I smirked and moved her hands

I hesitated before kissing her and looked her in her eyes. I wanna tell her I love her so bad. But I decided against it and pressed my lips against hers.

After that we both got up so we can get ready to go to the hospital. I pissed and washed my hands before grabbing the toothbrush I keep over here and putting toothpaste on it.

Soon as I started brushing my teeth Niya walked and and peed. Then she grabbed her toothbrush brushing her teeth with me. She stood in front of me watching herself in the mirror while I did the same. After we was done she spit in the sink making me smack her on the ass hard.

"Man what the fuck you do that for" she said rubbing her cheek where I slapped it

"Spitters are quitters" I teased making her roll her eyes while I laughed

I spit in the toilet because spitting in somebody else sink disrespectful to me. After brushing our teeth and shit we both got dressed. I had to put on the same outfit from yesterday but fuck it I'm thuggin.

Plus going home to change would be too much I'm trying to hurry up and get to the hospital so I can make sure my brother good. That's really all that matter to a nigga right now.

We hopped in the V and I did 75 the whole way to the hospital. When we got there we went to his old room expecting that that's where he would be.

When we got off the elevator and on to the fifth floor we walked down the long hall before we finally got to the room where everybody was waiting. Ma sat in a chair in the hall anxiously and viciously shaking her leg.

"Y'all heard anything yet?" I asked picking up Mira who looked like she was finna cry

"Nah, not yet" Loso answered as soon as the door opened

The doctor walked out with the little mask shit still on his face and his gloves still on. He took his gloves off before pulling down his mask.

Off rips I could tell by the look on his face he wasn't about to give us no good news.

"You all seem like level headed people so I'm just going to give it to you straight. We did everything we could-" he began before I completely lost my shit

"BITCH YOU GOT ME FUCKED UP MY BROTHER NOT DEAD" I yelled making everybody look at me

The anger I had pent up inside of me completely took over. I pushed passed the doctor and into the room to see them just about to pull the sheet over Mekhi's head. Everybody in the room just looked at me in shock.