six | quidditch

It's been two months
since they started school again. And it's soon time for the Quidditch match, they had been practising for two months, there's no chance that they'll lose.

"You know, you're pretty hot. I would definitely be your friend if we were allowed to." Cherry smirked and walked back to see Harry's reaction. "Why wouldn't we be allowed to?" He asked, carrying his broom as he normally does.

"...Well. That, I can't tell ya" her finger brushed the top of Harry's broom, he yanked it away from her reach but she laughed at him. "Anyways, gotta go!" her lips turned into a grin and she began to walk directly to Pansy who was watching them from a distance.

Harry thought about what she had been saying, 'I can't tell you' what did that even mean? but he had other things to think about, Quidditch.

''Good luck today Harry'' Neville had confronted him at lunch, he smiled happily and said 'thank you' even though he was a nervous wreck.

"What are you so nervous about?" Hermione judged Harry, who was sitting tensely and barely eating his breakfast that he would be needing. "I'm just not feeling well" he tried to explain, but it would be worthless. He turned his head and saw the others walking out from the great hall, "okay, see you later" he left his almost filled plate.

"Good luck Potter," Malfoy said sarcastically with a grin on his face. Harry ignored it, but he kept following Harry around. "Do you ever get that feeling that you're being followed?" he rolled his eyes and watched Malfoy's long-lasting grin.

"What do you want?" he asked again when Draco didn't reply. Grabbe and Goyle stood outside the entrance and looked around for Draco, "nothing. I just wanted to say good luck" he turned his heels and went to his friends. Harry watched him as he went away in the distance, something was up.

They all were dressed for the match, and it was soon time to begin. They stood out in the arena waiting for the whistle to blow. The public cheered either 'Gryffindor' or 'Slytherin'

He heard Ron and Hermione cheered out for Harry, making him more confident and positive about the match.

"1... 2... 3..."

The whistle gave out a sound, and they pushed their feet from the ground. Now, he had to keep out for both Malfoy and the golden snitch. He looked around and saw no Malfoy in sight, so he flew higher and saw both the snitch and Malfoy. But, he hadn't noticed it.

If Harry would've looked up then Malfoy would have noticed it was there, he had to distract him somehow.

"Do you know who sent me that letter? was it Cherry?" he tried, but knew well that it wasn't from her. Draco snorted and devilishly chuckled at Harry who was starting to sweat from nervousness. The golden snitch was still there, but it was about to fly away.

"Who was it then?" Harry tried to quickly come up with something and tried not to look at the golden ball. "Why do you ask me that?" Harry noticed Malfoy was slightly blushing, or it might've been from the slight chills in the air.

"...It stood it was from a Slytherin, so I thought, you know..." he flew closer to Draco.

Malfoy's eyes widened and he didn't know where to look at.

It was Harry's last chance, the snitch was about to fly away from its place. He didn't have time to distract Draco now. Without warning, Harry flew up and reached for it, but it kept flying from reach.

Draco got the idea and did the same. Only though, it was like he didn't even try hard to catch it.

They flew around the arena with Draco behind Harry who was still trying to reach after it, he was only centimetres from to catch it.

"Potter watch out!"

A bludger was about to hit Harry in the head, but he quickly budged, in resulting he lost the snitch from sight.

Harry stood still and watched out after it with Draco above him. From a pole, he saw a golden light and he immediately recognised it. He flew faster than he ever has done, Draco beside him who had also got the sight of it.

He felt the glare from the boy that flew beside him. But Harry didn't look back, all he was focused on was the golden ball. When they were a meter from it he noticed that Malfoy flew up instead of towards it. Harry didn't stop to look, and he caught the snitch.

The whole crowd cheered for the winning team and boo'ed for Slytherin. They all had noticed what Malfoy had done. After the match, he had gotten kicked out from the team and Harry felt terrible.

'How could Malfoy possibly be so stupid?' he had repeated for himself in his head.

When he got inside the castle he caught a glimpse of the Slytherin students yelling at Malfoy, who was ignoring them all. He passed them by and walked to the common room with the broom in his hand.

Harry stood there and kept watching over the Slytherin's. He didn't know he could feel sympathy for Malfoy, it is technically his own fault, but what caused it is unsure.

"Harry!" Hermione approached with a big smile on her face, she was still holding a Gryffindor flag. "You were really great!" she encouraged Harry who didn't feel good at all. "It wasn't a fair game" they walked up to their common room.

"Where's Ron?" Harry asked when they walked through the portrait, the whole walk to there had been quiet and awkward. "He's with Lavender" she laid the flag on a table and looked up at Harry who was signing tiredly.

"I know it wasn't a fair game. But Malfoy did what he did, and he paid the price." She said stubbornly.