huit | another letter

Draco had repeated
what he had written in the letter ever since he sent it. It only made everything worse because he hadn't gotten an answer for two days, he stayed awake in the nights only to wait for the response, and only to overthink if Potter knows who had sent it.

Draco had entered the great hall on a Saturday to eat breakfast, he immediately noticed that Pansy was looking at him widely. "What?" Draco asked annoyed and ate his porridge. "You look dead," Pansy said with more power at the end.

But Draco didn't bother at this time, he hadn't even crossed his mind over fixing himself before stepping down. He was too lost in his mind.

"I'm still beautiful" Draco dragged his fingers through his hair in an attempt to make it flatter. Pansy smirked and looked down at her sandwich that was half eaten up, "I can definitely agree with you on that."

She got disappointed when Draco ignored what she just had said, and she soon lost her smirk. He looked after Potter, but he wasn't there. Draco looked away as soon as Neville and Ron noticed him looking at their way.

"What's wrong with you today?" Pansy asked, frowning. Draco had lost his appetite and was about to leave. "I'm fine!" he almost yelled out and drew all the attention to him and the Slytherin table. Draco almost ran out and looked around the castle fainting. When he didn't know where to go to he went to the common room, up to the dorm to see if he had gotten anything.

His lips spread widely, and his heart skipped a beat when he saw a letter laying on the window board. His smile dropped when he saw it was from his parents, and he was met with the cold feeling he was usually feeling again.

He went down, and threw the letter in the fire, without even looking inside of it. He knew it was the same stupid words,

'Your father is...'
'I miss you'
'The dark lord'

It was getting repetitive like it was déjà vu.

While he stood there, looking into the burning flames, he heard something crash in the dorms and he ran upstairs to see what had happened. "What the fuck?!" He growled when he saw his owl had accidentally crashed down a thing his mother had given him.

He cleaned the broken pieces up and took the letter harshly from its leg. "You stupid thing" he muttered while looking at the owl. He opened the letter, still feeling angry.

But again, the love-stuck feeling was back again when he saw it stood;

"Hi... Whoever you might possibly be.
It is you that have written me the other letter too, right? Glad you're writing again. I'm sorry I never wrote you back, but I'm doing it now...

I'm sorry I don't really know what to say to you, besides that you seem sweet.

I'm okay, I think. It's just a bit weird at the moment, nothing much really. I can't tell you so much over notes, I don't even know who you are!
H.J.P

Draco got disappointed with the lack of answer he got. And he didn't write Potter back, there was nothing more for him to say. Even though he had so much he wanted to pour out.

"Draco!" Pansy called out from downstairs. He signed and laid the letter under the covers and went down.

She was smiling excitedly when he saw her, and even before he could ask what it was she shrieked, "the yule ball!" she held up a poster.

What was he supposed to do now? Invite her to it? Was it that she wanted? Who was he going to invite if not her?

"Okay..." He said shrugging and didn't take a closer look at the poster. She giggled sadly and watched him turn his back, "aren't you going to invite your girlfriend?" she walked closer and whispered in his ear.

"Are you going?" he asked in shock, even if he knew she was definitely going. "Yeah dum dum!" She slapped his shoulder slightly and smiled like nothing.

"Well I don't think I am though" he sat in one of the couches and watched the fire burn. "Who is going to be my date then?" she snorted and took a seat in Draco's lap, catching him off guard. "...Goyle?" he asked in an attempt. She fakely laughed it off and kissed him on the cheek. "Wear something nice to the ball" was the final words.

•• ┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈••

"Who are you going to invite?" Ron asked Neville as they watched the poster in the hallway. "Hum... I don't know yet"
Neville clearly didn't notice Ron's big grin, because after that he said: "maybe I'll just go with Ginny." Harry watched as Ron's happy grin turned into a frown, but Harry didn't say anything, nor did Ron to Neville. Because otherwise, Harry would be asked by Ron to go with him.

"Who are you going with Harry?" Fred and George came from behind and watched the poster as well. They both had a mischievous smug on their twin faces. "I don't know yet... Cho?" He looked at his friends for agreement but he didn't achieve one.

"No Harry, I don't think that's a good idea," Ron said with sympathy after one minute. "Why not?" his eyebrows furrowed and he was impatient for answers. "Well... You did ask her you know... And then Cedric..." He didn't even finish the sentences, but he knew that Ron was right.

"I'll have to find someone else then," he said looking down at the ground. Who else was he going to invite? No one liked him any more, they all saw him as the same freak the Dursley's has told him he was.

Maybe he would just skip the whole ball, or either go with Neville... Or Ron who didn't have anyone either now since Hermione and he is fighting.

From the corner of Harry's eyes, and clearly the others too they saw Hermione and Cherry walking together, laughing loudly at something either of them had said.