I sighed, turning to her direction. She was putting on a black armless gown... Her ever modeled shape perfect body stood out as usual. Her smile was well calculated and perfect. "Mom." I said, as she placed invisible kisses on both my cheeks. "You look amazing."

"As always." She grinned, exposing her perfect white teeth.

"Where's Sarah?" I asked her.

And just on cue, Sarah appeared. "Here, darling."

Sarah was more on the average side, she had curves in the right places and her beautiful maroon dress did nothing to hide every angle of her curves, if anything, her gown brought out her shape.

She placed invisible kisses on both my cheeks. "Love the gown Fay." She said, eyeing me.

"Love yours too." I said, forcing a smile on my face.

"Oh Elroy!" My mom exclaimed, "Look at you!" She grinned.

"Catherine... You look amazing." Elroy smiled.

"I do, don't I." She said.

Sarah went over to acknowledge him too.

"Fay Henderson." I smiled, knowing exactly who it was. Turning, I found Cade, holding a glass of champagne.

"Cade Chesterfield in the actual flesh... I was almost starting to believe there wasn't a face attached to the name." I smiled.

He Chuckled. "Ha... Perks of handling two companies."

"Perks?" I asked.

"Yeah. Being in crowds just like this isn't my thing."

"Crowd? They're family." I corrected.

"That's exactly what I'm saying.... Crowd." He muttered.

"Leave it to Cade to call a small family gathering, a crowd." Rhea's voice resounded from behind him.

I recognized her perfect smooth voice even before seeing her.

I smiled. "Rhea. Glad to you see you." I said as we exchanged hugs.

"I can say the same." Her light hazel eyes scanned my face. "You look exceptional as always." She complimented.

"Thank you... You also look amazing." I told her.

She shrugged. "I try."

We all knew that was a lie. Rhea paid too much attention to her looks... She was even more cautious than my mother. She always had the perfect dress for each occasion. Her smile was almost too perfect and her words were picked carefully. She was like a princess. The way she walked, talked smiled, laughed. Everything was calculated.

Cade scoffed at Rhea's statement. "Well, we all know you try. Don't we?"

"Cade. Don't tease our little sister." Damien said, appearing from no where.

"It's okay Damien... I'm used to his endless whining." Rhea gave an evil smile before adding. "Since that is what he ever does." She walked away from our direction to where my moms were standing, talking to Melissa.

Cade scoffed, walking to another direction of the room.

Damien sighed. "I'm beginning to think this was a mistake."

I chuckled. "Obviously, everyone is just waiting to rip each other apart. And Elroy is going to be the one to open the dance floor." I muttered.

"He still wants to talk to your mom about the contract?" Damien asked with disbelief.

"He is as determined as ever." I said.

Damien's brow came together. "But he promised to drop the issue during the brunch."

"Let's just say, Elroy doesn't keep to his promises, but he sure as hell is going to keep to his threats."

Damien groaned. "This is going to be a disaster."

__

We all were in this noisy silence for almost half the brunch until Elroy decided to break the silence when we began to have our dessert.

"Catherine. Uh... How are you preparing for the merge program?" He asked my mother.

My heart hammered against my chest, as I exchanged glances with Damien who stopped midday from putting his pudding into his mouth.

My mother smiled, dabbing her lips with a small pink cloth. "Oh, the preparations are going smoothly. My team found the perfect venue and the designs and layout for the runway show are already in order. Have you been merged with any industries yet?"

Elroy smiled. "I was wondering when you'd ask. I have been merged with Judy Devon industry and Yvonne Deere's Industry." He said.

My mother's eye widened. "Oh, that's delightful. Congratulations."

"Thank you Catherine. Those companies are highly respected. In fact," Elroy stole a glance at my direction. "Fay signed a contract with Yvonne Deere's Industry. She's modelling for the merge after program."

My mother frowned as her eyes met mine. "You're what?" She asked.

Elroy, relaxed back on his chair, sipping his wine slowly as he watched.

"It was a contract Mom-"

"For a competing brand? Are you out of your mind Fay? Your loyalty is to Sparks, you know you can't just run along to some other company." She addressed. "You're calling off the contract right this minute... Give me your phone."

"I'm not going to call off this contract Mom.". I stated.

Everyone stared in shock... This was usually the time where I stop arguing and hand my phone over to my mother.

Rhea cocked a brow at Cade who looked rather amused at my retort. Melissa had a sad look on her face. Sarah gave me a look of disappointment while Damien sighed, dropping his pudding.

"Excuse me?" My mother said, placing a hand over her chest like I had pierced her heart with my words.

"I'm sorry mother but the merge program is a big deal for Yvonne and I want to help her out." I said.

"Are you also aware that the merge program is very important to Elroy, whom you should be working for." My mother said.

"I've been there for Elroy since the merge program began... I think Yvonne industry has great potential, all I want to do is-"

"Shut up!" My mom stood up, looking so mad. "Stand up! Come with me now." She said.

I could feel my whole body tremble with fear as I stood up. I took a quick glance at Elroy who had a small smirk on his face.

I looked away, following my Mom.

This is going to be bad... Bad bad bad.