3

Seokjin laid on his bed as he called Namjoon.  The younger picking up almost immediately.

"Hello?"

"Oh, Jin.  What's up?"

The older smiled as he remembered what had happened earlier today.  He couldn't seem to get the memories of the mermaid's cute face or actions.

"I saw the mermaid today.  He was so cute, and he gave me a few shells.  It was probably for saving him, do you want me to share some with you?"

Namjoon pouted once he heard the bit of information.

"That's no fair, I wanna see him again, too.  Did you happen to take any pictures of him at least?"

Seokjin stood up from his bed and picked up the big shell the mermaid gifted to him.  A fond smile was on his face.

"Nope.  He's like a little puppy that looks like a kitten, or maybe a kitten raised by puppies.  I noticed he can't seem to speak our language very well, though.  It's obvious to see he's trying his best to understand us."

Namjoon nodded and came up with an idea.  He was walking passed the town's bookstore, before pausing in his tracks and looked at the little shop. He entered thinking of something he could do for the mermaid.

"I'm gonna try to see him tomorrow.  Hopefully, he's interested in what I have for him.  Do you have any advice for me?"

~~~

Yoongi swam around the rocks today to see if Seokjin would visit him.  He smiled as he waited underwater.  The mermaid noticed a shadow and curiously swam up to see who it was.

It wasn't Seokjin, but luckily he was met face to face with a familiar human being.  The human showed him a dimpled smile that made the mermaid immediately find comfort in him.

The human held a big square in his hand while Yoongi looked at it oddly.

"Hello there, do you remember my name?  Or did I not introduced myself?"

The smaller didn't seem to understand causing Namjoon to smile fondly.  He probably forgot to introduce himself to him, it wasn't his fault though.  Seeing the pretty mermaid for the first time made him a bit nervous.

The human pointed towards the mermaid with a smile.

"Yoongi."

Then he pointed back to himself and stayed quiet.  Yoongi seemed to have understood the gesture and shook his head, causing the younger's face to turn a bit red from his adorable expression.

"Namjoon."

The smaller silently mouthed his name as he furrowed his eyebrows.  The human watching patiently for the other to respond.

"J-joon?"

Namjoon nodded at the nickname and sat down on the rocks.  Placing his legs in the water. The human opened the book to the first page and turned it to show to the mermaid, like a teacher reading to their students.

The mermaid looked at the book with interest, paying attention to the colors and pictures on the page. He couldn't read the words, but he listened to the human anyways.

"There once was a little mermaid. She had a pretty orange tail and pretty brown hair."

Namjoon turned the page and smiled at the mermaid who was completely focused on the book in his hand. The smaller was just an adorable creature. The human went back to reading.

"The mermaid was kind and had many fish friends."

The mermaid smiled at the bright colors on the page. Everything on the page seemed to be all happy, and bubbly. Namjoon turned the page.

"But one day, one of her fish friends went to her all sad. 'I lost the shell you gave me,' said the small fish."

The human had changed his voice for the for the fish's line causing Yoongi's face to brighten even more. The page was turn once more and the colors became a bit more bright compared to the previous page.

"Don't be sad," said the mermaid. 'We'll find it together.' Then the two went on to search for the missing shell."

The mermaid let out a small giggle at the chosen voice for the orange mermaid. Namjoon turned the page again.

"They looked and looked and looked, but they couldn't find the missing shell. Then a small glow was coming from the sand.

The page was turned once again and showed the picture of the shell.

"'Look there it is,' yelled the fish. The two were happy to have found the shell."

The mermaid gasped at the shell and lifted his finger to touch it's picture. The page getting a bit wet from the smaller being in the water, but Namjoon didn't seem to mind.

"Jin!"

"Jin's shell?"

Yoongi nodded as a reply. The human is gonna ask Seokjin to see the shells later.

"It's a pretty shell."

The mermaid smiled at him before bringing his hand back into the water and waited for the the human to continued reading excitedly. He turned the page.

"'Thank you for helping me find my shell,' said the small fish. 'You're welcome,' the mermaid replied. The two looked up to see the other fishes playing and swam to join them."

The page was turned to it's last revealing the words 'The End'. Namjoon shut the book and placed it besides him as the mermaid clapped his hands. He was glad the older had enjoyed the story.

"T-thank y-you?"

Yoongi had hoped he had used the right words and sighed in relief once Namjoon responded with a 'you're welcome' and a nod.

The human sat up from the rocks causing the mermaid to pout thinking the human was going to leave so soon. Instead he reached into his back pocket and took out a light blue bracelet.

The bracelet's colors seemed to match the mermaid's hair and tail. Namjoon kneeled down and extended his empty hand out to smaller causing Yoongi to hesitately hold his hand.

The human placed the bracelet around his wrist and tied it making sure it wasn't too tight or too loose that it would fall off. The mermaid examined it in awe while holding the younger's hand. He wasn't planning on letting go for a bit.

Namjoon made a mental note to put on the matching bracelet later and he really hoped the bracelet wouldn't come off the mermaid's wrist from being in the water. He mumbled a few words under his breath.

"A pretty bracelet for a pretty mermaid."