His eyes scanned my body quickly before returning to my face."You have 40 seconds to convince us to send you to auditions. We're ready when you are," Mrs. Holt assured me. I took a deep breath. This is my year, this is my year, this is my year, I chanted over and over in my head as I got into positions, awaiting the music start. As soon as I heardAt Lastby Etta James, I began dancing on cue.

[AN: this is where you watch the video to see her routine...please ignore the judges, or pretend their the audience's reaction...hehe]

It was, yet again, another freestyle. I just went along with the beat. One minute I'm on the ground, then the next I'm spinning on my toes, then leaping through the air. Just for kicks, I did a little butt shakejust forLisa. She would always do that in her routines.Haha, sweet revenge. When I was done with the routine, I looked straight at her.

She knew I did that in spite of her and I wanted to see her reaction. She just had a scrawl on her face as everyone in the audience cheered me on. She and I were having a staring competition until Mrs. Holt distracted us. "Thank you Desiree, you may leave the stage," she said politely. I bowed a thank you and started off the stage.

I noticed Mr. Wilson look at me with amusement and astonishment. He must've known I did something in that dance to pissed off Lisa, because she seemed completely upset when I was done. I guess she didn't know Iwould do it, since it's her thing. He had an amazed look on his face as he watched me leave the stage. I saw him write something down on his paper before Mrs. Holt went on calling people to the stage.

It carried on like this for the next hour. When everyone was done, we were ushered back on stage into that d*mn horizontal line thing again. The judges all stood up from the table. "Well, that was a very interesting tryouts. Lisa? Mr. Wilson? Would you two like to add anything?" Mrs. Holt asked them both.

"Some of you have good styles, while others,"--Lisa's eyes landed on me as she said others--"need a lot more practice," she finished her sentence. I snorted, rolled my eyes, and shook my head. Gawd lee, can't she get off my back for one second? I turned to my right and noticed the girl next to me was extremely nervous. She kept twitching her leg up and down as she eyed the judges.

"Hello," I greeted her pleasantly. She looked surprised at first, but then smiled at me.

"Hi," she said back, and we both turned our attention back to the judges.

Wow, that was random. I just greeted this girl completely out of the blue. "I thought they all did well. Everyone had their own little bag of tricks," Mr. Wilson said as he scanned the line with a small smile playing on his lips, showing those dimples of his. His eyes landed on me when he mentions a bag of tricks. "I'll put up the list of people who made it to the auditions tomorrow morning, until then, have a great rest of the day," he finished.

We all made our way off the stage and gathered our things. I noticed Lisa was flirting with Mr. Wilson as I picked up my bag. He seemed to enjoy it. Ugh...she'll do anything to get her way. And I literally mean she'll do anything...if you get what I'm saying.

And I was half hoping he wouldn't fall for her tricks so fast and easily. But oh well, all I have now is my hopes and dreams to guide me onto the team. I walked down the hall and into the bathroom. It was packed with all the girls who just tried out, they all were changing and I had to use the bathroom. I didn't really feel like waiting so I just left out and headed towards the school entrance.

As I got to the double doors, I realized it was still raining. Ugh, I hate when it rains. It makes everything feel so depressing and sad. D*mn-it! I didn't even bring an umbrella! I hastily searched through my bag for a coat or something...nothing.

"That's just....awesome," I complained as I walked outside, until the roof of the schools porch. I stood there a minute, contemplating on running to my car. It's quite a run but I'm sure I can make it without getting completely soaked....oh who am I kidding? It's raining cats and dogs out here.

"Looks like you could use an umbrella," I hear someone say behind me. I turn around to see Mr. Wilson with a red coat on and holding a duffel bag and an umbrella.

I eyed his umbrella, trying to see if I could levitate it to me, I know, I'm weird. "Are you offering yours?" I asked hopefully.

"Not really. I was just stating a fact," he replied. I looked at him, surprised at how freely he seemed to talk as he stood next to me, looking out into the rain.

"Shouldn't the gentlemen give the lady his umbrella if she's in need of one?" I asked. Referring to some crap I heard from my parents.

He shrugged his shoulders and pushed his lips out a bit, making them look pouty. "You're a dancer. Dodge the raindrops, you'll keep dry," he suggested while opening his umbrella and walking into the rain. I looked at him wide eyes.

Dodge the raindrops? Who does he think I am? A ninja or something? "Thanks for nothing! Don't fall into a puddle and break every bone in your body! Not that I'm trying to jinx you or anything!" I shout at him, making him stop.

He turned around, looked at me while shaking his head with amusement. Then he gestured for me to come to him. My mood brightened as I ran towards his umbrella and stood under it. I was then aware of how close we were, so I tried to stay as far away as I could without stepping outside of the umbrella. "This way," I pointed towards my car before we started walking.

We were quiet for a while until we made it to my car. He held his umbrella over me until I got in. I gave him a quick thanks while sitting in the driver's seat. "See you tomorrow Ms. Quinn," he said before walking off. I shut my door and drove off. The only thing on my mind is that d*mn list...and Mr. Wilson...