Polaroid (ZH)

I looked around the place wondering where I was. I was a tourist and it had been a week that I had landed in Pennsylvania. I had taken so many pictures of the place and yet I couldn't seem to have enough. So without taking a days off , I went again to explore the place that morning. I might have kinda lost track of where you was walking and the buses I took so I ended up having no clue of where I was. I didn't panic though and managed to stay calm. I just continued walking around and snapping pictures stopping now and then waiting for the polaroid to come. I was too busy trying to click pictures as I was walked that I didn't notice the boy in front of me. I ended up bumping into him and he stumbled back.

    "I'm so sorry, I-"

    I almost froze looking at him. I was kinda taken back by his charming profile.

    "Its totally fine. I've been watching you for past 10 minutes and you seem lost. Judging by your looks , you are a tourist?"

    "I am. Yes. I am from London. I normally know my way around but somehow I got lost. "

   "Well good thing I saw you. If you want I could show you around and help you find your way back home," he offered.

    Ofcourse I just couldn't resist an offer from a boy like that so I shook my head.

   I still remember the way he said my name. The way his lips moved while saying it.

    "I'm zach and you are?" Was where it all began .

   "I'm Y/N."

    "Y/N," he repeated kinda like saved my name in his head.

    I can still hear him say my name and I still feel the same rush in my body like I felt that day when I think of it.

    Anyways After that he started to show me around and I took more photos. He even educated me on some historic events which was really fascinating. I started to enjoy his company as we both spoke about our family stuff and likes. He took me to some places to try some food and educated me about that too.

    I look at the photo in my purse still remembering that day that moment we took the polaroid I'm holding.

    "Let's take some pictures together," he said looking at me with a wide smile.

    I shook my head and we gave the camera to a man that passed by. Zach through his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close . It wasn't a bad touch, it was rather comforting. I liked it being in his arms. We smiled as the guy took a picture. Zach held out his finger for one more and we kinda did like money faces for the next one. He wanted to keep the monkey face one so hear I was left with the first one.

    As I stare at this picture I can still feel his presence. I don't know what it was that about him that until this day I couldn't forget him. It's been three years and here I am still looking at the polaroid in my purse. We didn't share phone numbers or have had any sort of contact ever since.

    Well because as soon as the polaroid was taken he got an emergency call and had to rush home.

    But still i thought of him everyday. There was something about him, something about that moment, something about the way he held me all focused on this single polaroid that I just couldn't let go off.

    My friends say that he must be my soulmate that's why I feel like that. If that was true all I wish for is to see his face again. The boy in the Polaroid.

One month ago>>Zach's pov

    "Corbyn where did you leave the lyric book?" I yell while going through my things.