xv, "mission."

~3rd pov~

With a steady heart, you walk towards the Hokage's Tower to give a report on your latest mission with your team- capturing a lost and frightened cat, pulling weeds and other useless missions. As the sky's horizon of calm blue send bliss to anyone who lays their eyes on it- but as calm as the sky can be, you're team wasn't as relaxed.

Naruto was complaining about the missions latley and has been yearning for a battle that would honour his name for generations to come. Sakura exploded in a paroxysm of irritation, screaming and punching Naruto, because "he's and idiot and he needs to be grateful for what he has." Sasuke momentarily lets out a few frustrated "hn's" to try and ease his annoyance with his teammates as Kakashi-sensei giggles towards himself in a flustered reading spree. And you? You were quietly walking side by side with Sasuke as the rest of the team trailed behind. You kept your gaze forward, and though it was subtle- you were nervous to reunite with your former Sensei, Saratobi-sensei. You haven't seen him in a while, would he be proud of you? You haven't learned anything new from these "missions" except for teamwork. You let a sigh escape from you as you try and walk in sync with Sasuke and initiate a conversation.

"Hey Sasuk-"
"Hn."

Well then. I guess he doesn't want to talk at the moment.

~Sasuke's POV~

Stupid. Everything is stupid. The missions are stupid. The village is stupid. My teammates are stupid. She is stupid. They all aren't going to help me when I kill him. But as I was thinking, we were walking through the doors of the Hokage's office. He greets all of us with a smile and Kakashi starts talking about our past missions. But halfway through talking- The Dobe interrupts with an obnoxiously loud screech.

"I dont want to do these D rank missions anymore! They're not going to help me become Hokage, 'ttebayo!" His face scrunched up to annoyance as he threw a fit like a little baby. But as much as I hate it, I do agree. Pulling weeds aren't what ninjas do. They save lives and they kill. Kakashi-sensei hits Naruto's head with a force enough to send him face first against the floor. I smirk at his state.

"Naruto!" Three people yell, Kakashi-sensei, Iruka-sensei and (Y/n), but (Y/n)'s was out of worry. Naruto sent up a thumbs up to her to signal he was okay then proceeded to smack his arm back to the ground. She laughed a bit and helped him up. Tch. She's too soft for Ninja material.

"If Naruto wants a harder mission, I'll give you one." The Hokage announces after a lengthy verbal fight with Naruto. The Dobe's eyes lit up as he bounced around like a chicken with it's ass on fire. I smirk, because I finally get to put my training into real action and that The idiot with blond hair looks like a lunatic by Bombarding the Hokage with 1,000 questions on who we'd be protecting. Kakashi hits Naruto's head once more to shut him up. He crawls over to (y/n) with anime tears in his eyes. The Hokage's eyes softened a bit with the scene displayed in front of him. But as soon as his eyes softened, the hardened once more as he locks eye contact with all of us.

"You are to protect a bridge builder back to his home country, the land of the waves, from common thieves and criminals." He announces as he brings his pipe back to his lips.

"Hn." I respond, still glaring at the sight of Naruto cuddling into (y/n) lap as she soothing brushes his locks- listening attentively to the Hokages words. But just as I was about to rip them apart from each other- a sloppy knock was heard as the door slammed open quickly after that. I scrunch my nose as the room's usual smell turns into one of cheap booze. I analyze his appearance, cheap. Well, the land of the waves is a poor fucking country- what did I expect? I shift my eye contact, not only did he lack in visual appearance- but lacked his manners as well. He's a waste of my time.

~(Y/n)'s POV~
A man that's clearly drunk walks- ahem, stumbles into the hokage's office with no care in the world. From his appearance I notice his pinky twitching- though it can be from the overdose of booze, twitching of body parts can also be a common factor of nervousness- occurring in a lot of patients with anxiety. His clothes were all torn and withered, cluttered in stains of booze and unidentified liquids. His bottle of alchohol seemed rather cheap- the alchohol served back in the castle was the high class of high class. Though all of these are understandable, something about this mission wasn't right. Why wou-

Sasuke, Sakura and Naru-kun fumbled into a straight line, pushing me along. They seemed to be comparing heights? Out of all times, why when we have a mission? It turns out, I'm taller than all of them- half an inch taller than Sasuke to be exact. Naruto sulks as I still watch in confusion. Seriously what is goin on-

"I am Tazuna, a master at bridge building and I expect you all to protect me in my journey back to the land of the waves- even if it costs your lives." Though as slurred his voice was, he was intent of making sure he was going to be protected at all costs. My coverd eyes narrowed on his figure, he must have sensed it because he turned over to my direction- his pinky twitched once more as his eyes slightly widen.

'So he is nervous, huh? What exactly are you hiding?' Silence was the only thing heard as everyone in the room watches the commotion between Tazuna and I.

"Okay, Team 7! Pack bags for a week trip, we leave immediately. Go!" Kakashi-sensei breaks the tension between me and Tazuna and orders us to move it.

"(Y/n), meet me outside the Doors- I'd like to talk." Kakashi-sensei says sternly, but I dont sense any malicious intent so I comply. Naru-kun seems a bit curious and worried but he leaves eventually, sending a warm smile and an energetic wave while yelling 'I'll see you at the gates, (n/n)-chan!' We walk out the hokages office and Kakashi turns to me.

"What was that all about?" He asks, raising an eyebrow at me. I look away and fumble with my hands a bit. Saying that I didnt know what he's talking about.

"Liar, you're horrible at lying. You know exactly what I'm talking about. What was with all that glaring at Tazuna?" He asks again. Eyes narrowing indicating that he wasn't playing around. I sigh and tell him a partial truth.

"I'm just a bit suspicious of him." I say vaguely. I can tell that he wanted to interrogate me further, but we were running out of time that was supposed to be used for packing. He sighs and dismisses me with a half hearted wave. I triumphly smile as I walk away, I wasn't particularly lying- I was suspicious of him, but I was also suspicious of the whole mission. Something just didnt sit right with my gut. I run over back to my apartment floor and quickly and sloppily slammed clothing items into a bag and ran out the door and to the gates. I arrived and United with the team with 3 minutes to spare. I smile and greet them- walking out all together. Naruto starts to excitedly buzz around the pavement, something about this being his first time traveling out side the villages walls. I laugh along with him as he slings an arm around my shoulders- ignoring the visible difference in height.

"You really want me to believe that those two are ninjas?" Tazuna asks.

"Excuse me? I am going to be the future hokage! I am Naruto of Konohaga-" I tune out naruto's loud and flamboyant voice and focus on the sky.

One step closer to avenging you, mom.

So hey, it's the author here!
I'm kinda struggling with what powers I should give (Y/n)- I do actually have a vague idea, but I'd like to also hear from you guys! Comment, I guess. Thank you for reading and for being patient with me! ♡