Chapter 13

Callen pulled up at the safe house about ten minutes after Kensi and Sam had arrived with Jake.

He jumped out of the car slamming the door and ran into the building, "SAM!" he shouted.

"Shh…" Sam said stepping into his sightline. "It's ok, Jake's fine."

"Where is he?" Callen asked looking around.

"Kensi has just put him down for a nap,"

"You're sure he's ok? No one tried to get him from daycare?" Callen asked.

"No…no he's fine a little cranky maybe and flushed, but…"

Callen interrupted, "That's normal, he's cutting a new tooth." He relaxed slightly, "Let me see him and then as soon as the others get here I'll fill you in." he said.

"Upstairs third door on the left." Sam said

"Thanks Sam, I know where Jake's room is," Callen said, Sam stood open mouthed and watched as Callen took the stairs two at a time.

Walking down the hallway to Jake's room he could hear Kensi talking quietly to him, he leaned against the doorframe and watched as Kensi rocked him gently stroking his sore cheek soothing the now quietly sniffling boy.

Kensi started as she saw Callen watching them.

"I…Sorry…" she said as Jake woke.

He grizzled and turned to look at Callen, "Dada." He sniffed.

"You feeling bad baby?" Callen asked taking him from Kensi; he walked over to a drawer and pulled out some teething gel and childrens Tylenol gave him a spoonful and rubbed some gel on his gums.

Jake started to settle as the pain finally went away and Callen lay him down in his crib and grabbed a stuff monkey. "Here ya go sport, you get some sleep. Daddy's gotta go downstairs with auntie Kensi, Grandma'll be here soon, you sleep sweetie." He said as he turned the light down low and grabbing the baby monitor closed the door.

As they both went down the stairs Callen listened as Jake fussed a bit and then fell asleep.

"Come here a lot do you?" Sam asked as they walked into the lounge.

Callen sat on the couch and sighed, putting the baby monitor on the table, "This is one of Hetty's homes, safe enough for a safe house…Has Nell or Eric gotten anything yet?" he asked.

Sam shook his head, "I haven't heard from either of them." He admitted. "I don't get it what's going on G, why is someone targeting you and Jake, is it the Comescu's?" he asked.

Callen shook his head, "I know who it is but I don't want to say anything yet, not till Hetty and the others are here, it's easier if I do it all together ok?" he asked.

Sam frowned he was annoyed but he nodded. "Do I need to call Michelle? Are my kids in danger?"

Callen shook his head, "No…they're fine, Hetty's sending a couple of agents to watch your house as a precaution but the person after me and Jake right now is fixated more on Jake than the team."

"So it is a Comescu?" Kensi said worried.

Callen sighed, "Later…you guys want a coffee, Hetty keeps a pretty mean stash of coffee here." He said.

Max woke up his head pounding and for a moment forgot Sara was dead. He reached over and realized that not only wasn't he in bed, but he was still fully dressed on the floor propped up against the wall where he had sagged in his grief yesterday.

Marc walked in the room, he was still grief stricken at the loss of his sister, but he had Max now…and that he could use to his advantage.

"Max…I got coffee man…you ok?" he asked crouching down and handing him the beverage.