Stan checks the pocket and surely his keys are there. He leaves with a grin.

...

FRIDAY

Another pep rally is going on so I go to Leslie's and I usual spot. I go in the secret room and wait for her. I take out my phone and play a bit of Linkin Park on low volume. I check the time before I set the phone on the broken desk. It is 8:00 already. Leslie should be here already.

The door suddenly opens and it is Florence.

"Whoa!" I yell. "What are you doing here?"

She closes the door. "Leslie told me you will be here."

"I don't want to get into any trouble. If anyone sees you, especially Troy, it be a mess."

"Relax," Florence says, "Leslie is absent. She told me to tell you and well she told me where you were."

But, this was our secret place, I thought we had it clear no one else can find out. "Well thanks," I say. I get my cane to balance myself.

"So is this were you guys hang out?" Florence asks. She walks towards me making me stop. I don't know what to do now. I don't want to be mean but I know I have to leave. I don't want any misunderstandings.

"Y-yeah, we just chill," I say.

Florence slips her hair back behind her right ear. She looks at me with those pretty green eyes. My heart begins in a weird beat.

"Cool, so you guys are really good friends?" she asks. "She talks about you a lot and I think it's nice you accepted her."

I stay quiet.

She looks down and touches my free hand. "Do you like her?"

I look down at her hand. It is gently touching my knuckles but I feel my whole body go into shock. Having her touch again on my skin is magical. "No."

"But do you know if she likes you back?"

I look at her eyes again. "No. She doesn't."

"I want you to be happy," she whispers. "if Leslie makes you happy then why not try?"

I shake my head no, "She is my friend only."

"I miss you," she says. She gets my hand and I can't resist. I put my hand behind her head and push her towards me. I kiss her. We don't move our lips or heads. We just there taking the moment in. I pull away but keep her close to me.

She doesn't believe that I kissed her. I can't believe I kissed her too.

The school bell rings and we get scared. I get my phone and turn off the music. "Umm, I need to go to class."

She nods, "Yeah I know me too."

.....

I can't stop think about what I did. I kissed Florence once again. I felt her sweet cherry lips once again. I am waiting for Stan to pick me up. But I don't want to go home, I want to see Florence.

"beep!" Stan arrives and I go in. Though I see Florence walking hand in hand with Troy as we drive by the parking lot. I realize that I am stupid. She loves him now. I shouldn't break that up. I know Troy is taking care of her very well. But I feel jealousy when I see them.

We arrive home and enjoy dinner made by Lu. Dad is talking about a co-worker's accident but I am barely listening to him. I want to see Florence make sure she is okay. I do want to say I am sorry for kissing her. I don't want to cause any problems. Yet I seem not to regret it.