Isaac

Derek stood at the door with Cora while she waited for Stiles and Paige. Derek had text Erica, Boyd and Isaac to meet him there as well. He played if off as a coincidence which Cora seemed to buy. Derek's breath caught as he saw the Stilinski siblings approach. Jennifer was with them. The three of them together made Derek realize how similar they looked.

They each shared different features without being exactly the same. Jennifer and Stiles had a slightly upturned nose where page's rounded more. Paige and Stiles had fuller brows that arched their caramel colored eyes, where Jennifer's were thinner hovering over her blue, grey eyes. Stiles' pale skin was dotted with moles where Jennifer had lighter freckles speckling hers. Paige had one mole and a few freckles. They all had similarly shaded dark brown hair. All in all it was no surprise Derek was enthralled.

"Hey guys," Paige smiled at the Hale siblings as they approached.

"You three look so much alike," Derek blurted.

"Well we are related," Stiles quipped with a smirk.

"Right, yeah but I mean..." Derek gestured heavily towards the three of them.

"Stop being weird," Cora sneered at her brother.

"I'll see you two at home," Jennifer spoke turning to Paige and Stiles. "Derek I'll see you in class later."

"What? Why?" Derek frowned.

"Mrs. Blake is out today so I'll be subbing for your English class."

"Looking forward to it," Derek grinned a little enthusiastically.

Stiles' stomach dropped. Great Derek was flirting with Jen. Now he knew why he was going Friday.

"Are either of you staying after School? Stiles is trying out for Lacrosse and I don't feel like staying," Paige piped up then, pulling Derek's attention back to the twins.

"I am," Derek blurted once again. He had no reason to stay but he knew Cora didn't either and he wanted to beat her to the punch.

"You are? Why?" Cora frowned.

Derek's mouth went dry. "I...sacc...Isaac is also trying out for Lacrosse and I promised to stay...you know, for moral support," Derek gave a weak smile. He knew it was a shit reason, but it was the first one he could come up with. The only problem was Isaac wasn't trying out for Lacrosse. Yet.

"You didn't tell me that?" Cora crossed her arms.

"Last minute decision," Derek shrugged, tossing a glance at Stiles.

"Great, Cora you can hitch a ride with me. Derek, you don't mind dropping Stiles off at home, do you?" Paige gave a wide grin which Derek couldn't say no to. Not that he wanted to. He very much wanted to give Stiles a ride.

"Not at all," Derek smiled at Stiles who looked terrified.

"Great, see you after school," Stiles gave a forced smile before grabbing his sister's arm and dragging her away. Cora followed, tossing her brother a curious look.

"What the hell was that?" Stiles snapped at Paige.

"What? I didn't feel like staying," Paige gave an innocent shrug.

"But making me ride with Derek? Come on," Stiles whined. He knew this was payback for bringing up Heather last night.

"What's the big deal?" Cora frowned, catching up to the twins.

"The big deal is I barely know the guy. We've spoke like twice ever. What am I supposed to say to him?" Stiles was the epitome of socially awkward, especially when it came to hot guys named Derek Hale.

"I dunno, he seemed awfully eager to give you a ride," Cora snorted. "I'm sure you two will think of something."

Stiles tossed Cora a glare which she laughed off.

-

Derek ran a frustrated hand through his hair. He just kept getting himself in deeper. First basketball, now he was roping Isaac into Lacrosse.

"Hey, Derek, why do you look so stressed?" Erica asked as she approached him. Her long blonde locks pulled back into a ponytail.

"Is Boyd interested in playing Lacrosse by any chance?" Derek asked, his eyes crinkled in a hopeful squint.

Erica let out a loud laugh, "You're kidding right?"

Derek let out a huff. He knew Boyd wasn't the sports type. He preferred the quieter after school activities. He wrote for the school paper several years back.

"What about Isaac? You think he'd play?" Derek wondered if he could convince him.

"Maybe," Erica gave a shrug. "He played last year."

"He did?" Derek asked a little too excitedly.

"Okay who's trying out that you want to oogle?" Erica crossed her arms, giving Derek a knowing smirk.

"It's not that," Derek groaned. "Well not exactly," He tossed a glance where Isaac and Boyd were approaching.

"Isaac, Erica told me you played Lacrosse last year, you gonna play again this year?" Derek asked the cinnamon haired guy, ignoring Erica's annoyed glare. He was avoiding her question.

"Uh, I planned to, why?" Isaac glanced at the blonde as if she knew what this was about.

"Yes," Derek gave small fist pump.

"He's into someone on the team," Erica teased.

"Who?" Boyd asked then, leaning over to press a kiss to Erica's lips.

"No, I'm not, I just..." Derek let out a sigh when he saw the looks his friends were giving him. They knew better.

"I kind of promised to give someone a ride after school and I needed an excuse. I said you were trying out for Lacrosse and I was staying for moral support," Derek finally conceded.

"Using me as an excuse huh?" Isaac laughed, "Who is it?"

"It's not Paige is it?" Erica asked, lighting up.

"No, it's not Paige," Derek shook his head. He didn't want to tell them, but he knew Erica, she'd pry it out of him.

"Stiles played last year, is it him?" Boyd asked. The four friends were now heading down the hall.

Derek gave a small shrug.

"Oh my god, you so have a crush on Stiles," Erica exclaimed a little too loudly.

"Can you say it any louder?" Derek snapped, glancing around for any of the Stilinski's. Thankfully none were in sight. "It's not a crush. He's just...cute," Derek could practically feel the blush rising in his cheeks.

"Uh huh, sure," Erica taunted, poking Derek's cheek.

"Just don't say anything, please," Derek begged, giving his best puppy dog eyes.

"I won't," Erica waved a dismissive hand. "You'll give yourself away eventually. You're kind of a disaster when it comes to crushes. Remember when you had a thing for Kate?"

Derek let out a groan, that had truly been a disaster.

"Kate? What about Braiden?" Isaac added.

"Oh god, can we please not mention her," Derek would admit, he wasn't good with flirting. He either went too far or not far enough. It took Kate three years to even notice Derek, whereas Braiden figured it out in an afternoon. One very embarrassing afternoon.

"She spent three hours in the shower trying to get all the paint off," Erica giggled at the memory.

Derek grimaced. He'd been helping her decorate for the dance. She had complimented his handwriting and he got so flustered he fell off the step ladder and spilled an entire gallon of paint on her.

"You do have really pretty handwriting for a guy," Erica taunted, pretending to swoon.

"Shut up," Derek growled earning a laugh from the other two.

Derek wouldn't make the same mistake with Stiles. He just had to find out if Stiles was into Cora first, though he was pretty sure he already knew the answer to that.