T H I R T Y E I G H T

*October 20*

Alivia's POV

"Can I ask why we're going to this again?" Mili asked as she drove us to the Staples Center.

Let me explain, tonight Mili and I are going to the Lakers first home game of the season. Mili thinks it's silly that I'm going because Kyle plays for the Lakers.

"Because these are expensive seats that we get for free and I'm not going to waste them. Also Zo is playing and I want to go support him." I said as we stopped at a red light.

"Your ex boyfriend is also playing." Mili shot back making me cringe. I hate it when people refer to him as my ex.

"Yes, but does that matter? No." I said answering my own question.

"Whatever. I'm only here for Zo." Mili said as we pulled up to the large building.

"Me too girl." I said as we pulled up to the VIP parking.

The guard checked our tickets before he let us in the parking lot. Mili parked beside Zo's G-Wagon. Mili and I grabbed our stuff before we walked in. We showed the bouncers our tickets and they escorted us to our courtside seats. We sat and took pictures while we waited for the game to start. Soon the announcer announced the Houston Rockets. The announcement of the Lakers followed. The guys smiled as they ran out of the tunnel. I watched as Zo ran out with Kyle following behind him. Zo nodded at me when he saw me. Kyle looked over at me and held eye contact for a few seconds before he looked away. Mili smacked my leg as the lights dimmed and a large circular sheet dropped down from the ceiling. Mili and I smiled as Welcome to the Party played. Clips of the players were projected on the sheet while the music boomed through the arena. After the game opener, the announcer read the starting line ups. Neither Zo nor Kuz was starting which was kinda weird. Mili and I watched as the tip-off occurred and the game began.

Mili and I watched the entire game. The Lakers trailed most of the game. The Lakers ended up losing 124-115. It was a really good game though. Both Zo and Kyle had really pretty threes. Zo ended up scoring 14 and Kuz scored 11. After the game, Mili and I got up and we're escorted to the tunnel where the players come out to meet their families. It was kinda weird because there was only a few other people besides us in the tunnel. Mili and I played on our phones to pass time. I was checking my Instagram stories when I felt a set of arms pick me up and throw me over a familiar shoulder. I laughed as I hit the large back. Soon the figure sat me down while laughing.

"Hey Zo," I smiled as he hugged me.

"Hey Liv, Hey Mil." He said hugging Mili.

While they hugged, I saw Kyle walking by us obviously hurt by Zo and I. I sighed as I tried to stop myself. Don't do it Alivia, don't do it.

"Oh I hate myself." I told myself as I went to say something to him.

"Kyle." I called as he was half way out of the tunnel.

He seemed shocked when he turned around and saw me.

"Hey, I just wanted to be civil and tell you that you did great tonight." I told him with a soft smile.

"Thanks Liv." He paused for a second. "You wanna go grab some dinner? Yanno catch up, try to smooth things out." He tried to suggest.

"I've already made plans and I don't think much smoothing can be done." I told him before walking away.

Zo looked at me as I walked back. I shot him a cheesy smile.

"You guys ready?" I asked smiling.