♡10. Venom

~ Sky's P.O.V. ~

She infuriated me. But what she said hurt. Right to my very core, it hurt.

I loved her. I knew she was my mate but how could I not be hers. It didn't make sense.

This thing she had become. Would that happen to me if I fed on a human?
She snapped but I know the good I knew she had before is still there. She was angry, that had to have been it.
But if taking a life was what it took to even have her think of me..

I at least needed to know if she could be my mate.. And if I could be hers.

I rushed out of my room and went to the only door I knew would be able to help me with only a small price to pay.. All the others would want more.

"Sky..?"

"Hunter. I need your help."

***

I sat on the couch he kept by his window; curtains closed of course.

"So you're telling me that a person can have.. two mates?" I asked.

He nodded, "yes but very... very rarely. I think I've only seen it once before.. maybe."
I rolled my eyes and rested my elbows on my knees, "and how does the other male mate.. react?" I asked, worrying that I could be in danger of death before I got the chance to explain all this to Lilith.

He laughed, "well you never know. But with my brother.. I'd maybe not tell him alone.. Protection is always a good choice."
I groaned and leaned back, "I can't believe this is happening. She might actually kill me herself. You should have seen the look in her eyes.. So dark." I said, having a hard time believing it myself.

"She's got potential. Queen Akasha.. She was powerful.. I can feel that same power in Lilith.. waiting to come out."

"Who?"

"Mother of all vampires. Queen of the damned." He said. "She was.. incredible. Lestat was in love with her. It's definitely why he went after Lilith." He has gotten up by then and poured himself a whiskey glass filled with blood. The smell of it hit all the right places for me.

"So.." I cleared my throat, "I was wondering. How would you.. go about.. killing a human?" I asked. If I could, after all, be her mate... I'd might as well ask.

~ Lilith's P.O.V. ~

Once Mina saw I was a full vampire, she wouldn't leave my side until I gave Ginger and Rosalina a chance.

After the flower garden orgy they expected to have before Hunter told them to leave, I didn't want to associate with them. Especially Ginger. She had gotten angry it seemed when Hunter told them all to leave us alone together.

"She's fowl. I want nothing to do with her." I said as I sat in front of the vanity mirror in my room.

"She's only jealous.. She'll see now that you're a full vampire.. Her respect will be apparent." She told me.

I scoffed, "and it wasn't apparent before?"

Her head shook and she leaned against the wall, "you were half.. She looked down on that."

I sighed, knowing that I had looked down on Sky for being half.
Maybe being around the other women would make my mind stay on other things.

I agreed and went with her. But on our way to wherever the girls were, I heard talking coming from the dining room. "What is that?" I asked.

"Nothing, lets go."

I could see right through Mina's attempt to distract me. I ignored her and went towards the voices I heard.