♡1. The Party

The room filled with people. All dressed for an elegant party with their finest jewelry. My mind wandered on how many married into wealth and how many were born with it. You could sometimes tell if they hadn't let it go to their head.

As the night went on, I had a constant feeling of someone watching me. Then I finally spotted a man. Blonde. Fair skin. Handsome. Looking at me so intrigued and once I saw him, I never let his gaze go until I reached where he was.

"Care for a dance?" He asked

"Care for a dance?" He asked. I gave him a look of arrogance but nodded.
He took my hand and we went to where people had formed an area for dancing. His hand placed on my waist and the other still held my hand. My free hand landed on his shoulder. He smelled good.
His mouth twitched into a smirk before he spoke. "You're here alone?" He asked.
"Yes.. And I can see you are too."

"I've never been fond of coming to parties alone... or leaving them alone." He said and I leaned my lips close to his ear, "too bad you will be.." When I pulled back, he was already smiling accompanied with a laugh.
"I've always enjoyed the feisty ones." He said quieter.

He offered to get me champagne and I accepted.
He came back with it and I drank it. About five seconds in to it, I started to feel dizzy. I almost fell, but he caught me with an arm around my waist.
"Let's get some air." He said.

We came to the large backyard behind the house. My vision wasn't clear. "I.. I feel so.." I didn't finish. The word 'weak' or 'tired' would have come and I didn't want to say it.

I fell to my knees in the grass as he stayed standing and walked to a tree near us. He leaned against it as I collapsed from my knees on to my back. "I can't.. I can't stay here.." I said tiredly.

"You won't." He said.

"Please take me home..."

He came over to me and was on his knees above me, "I'll take you some place so much better.."
At this point my body was so tired, I couldn't even fight, although I tried.
His hand lightly grabbed my neck and turned my head. He leaned his head back and after that I stopped looking. But then I felt the sharp pain in my neck. I whimpered and tried to push against him. I was still too tired.

Then I felt a surge of energy bolt through me. It only lasted a few seconds before I was completely unconscious.

After that.. My mind is blank.